• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales - Historical Immersion Supermod

Attached installer file should technically work for you if you call your 7-Zip archive 'GOF ERAs2.7z'.
Could you give that a try and let me know what needs changing in there? Should be easy enough to adapt for your modding work.

Questions:
- Do you have any installation instructions to replace the AoP 2 ones currently there?
- What is the default installation directory of AoP: CT?
- Is there any file icon that you would like to have used?
- Any further comments you might have
I have uploaded a temporary 7z file until an exe can be utilized.

Answers:
- I have install instructions, but they are part of the archive as a word document.
- Installation directory is:
32 bit C:/ Program Files/Playlogic/Age of Pirates - Caribbean Tales
64 bit C:/ Program Files (x86)/Playlogic/Age of Pirates - Caribbean Tales

-I am using the stock icon from the original Super Mod, but would like the original AoP icon to be the default icon for ENGINE.exe

I will try to utilize the installer.

For ENGINE.exe, you should be able to take the stock game EXE itself, right?
Alternatively, use a program named Resource Hacker to swap it to whatever you want.
I was actually asking for the icon for the installer EXE though. :wp

For the installation instructions, can you post that file here? Then I'll include it in a test installer for you.

Oh! I'd recommend NOT changing the old version of the modpack, but posting it as a NEW one instead.
Use this link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-pirates-supermod/downloads/add

Then at least people will get a notification that something NEW has been posted to the AoP profile.
Also, if you can, I'd recommend preparing a release article and post some screenshots so that more people get to see your work. :onya
Oops! You should of mentioned add a new mod download a little bit sooner(or i didn't get the notification on gmail in time).:facepalm I just modified the old mod page and uploaded the new file in place of the old one and linked the new video.

The file of the word document is not allowed to be uploaded according to the forum error. Sorry.:(

Last edited:
Oops! You should of mentioned add a new mod download a little bit sooner(or i didn't get the notification on gmail in time).:facepalm I just modified the old mod page and uploaded the new file in place of the old one and linked the new video.
Apologies. You can still do it though. Up to you. :shrug

The file of the word document is not allowed to be uploaded according to the forum error. Sorry.:(
Put it in a ZIP and it should work. :yes

Here's the readme file. I think the add a new mod thing isn't a big deal. Maybe if it was notified to the public that the page was updated it would be better. Believe me, I would be doing you a favor getting rid of the old mod. The old mod was much too PG-13/R for me and didn't add the features now currently implemented. Plus the old mod had content that could of had this community's website be taken down for sexually explicit material. Its illegal, at least in my country, and its wrong to add to the mod such things beyond an easter egg.

Attachments

• README-INSTALL-FEATURES.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 293
I am not sorry at all to see the old version gone. But usually what I do is to add my latest version as a NEW file, then once it is approved, delete the old crap.
That way you have the bonus of a proper page update together with the bonus of the old stuff being gone.
You can still advertise your new version by making a good News Article. With a bit of luck, they'll feature it on the ModDB Main Page too! :cheers

OH! And how did you ZIP your file? Does it extract to a separate subfolder? If so, what is its name?
It needs to do that for my installer process to work. Alternatively, I'll be able to make a proper full EXE installer when I get back home again.
But that won't be until at least halfway into March.

I added a new download page and edited the original mod page. I don't know how to post the news article though :shrug. Nor to delete the old download page dated in 2009 that I have marked as a demo......

The 7z archive is the zipped folder with the following title:
"aopct_hi_supermod"

It extracts as follows:
Readme
Age of Pirates - Caribbean Tales

Inside "Age of Pirates - Caribbean Tales" folder is the following files/folders in order:
cptblackfeet
k3
mc
Modules
original
potc
Program
RESOURCE
ACTP.bmp
config.exe
English.lng
fmodel.dll
Music Options Key.txt
Music Options.exe
options.file
SoundTrack.M3U
unins000.vcd
unins000.exe

Also to answer your question Hylie here is a link to the game disc:
http://www.amazon.com/Age-Pirates-C...r=8-1&keywords=age+of+pirates+caribbean+tales

I found something I overlooked while doing the modification. It seems that the Bloody Michelle as the main quest ship has transformed from a warship to a tartane...... :facepalm. I don't know where the event sea battles are located to change the ship back to a warship. I liked the idea of capturing Le Sangure's Warship for capturing forts later in game.

News posted. Still cannot delete the old download page.

Last edited:
Add your PROGRAM folder to the Windows Search Index, then seach for "Bloody Michelle".
That should show you all files where she is references. Hopefully that'll allow you to track down where her ship type is defined.
I'd expect it to be somewhere in the PROGRAM\Characters\init folders.

I've now deleted the old page for you. :doff

Cannot find it. It seems maybe the link to the ship type used for Marcus's flagship is not linked at all in which case it would be phantom_ship meaning that it would show up as a War Tartane by default.

Here is the code in question for the quest(modified for warship and frigate):

story_line.c:

characters[iShipChar].id = "Bloody Mishele Companion";
characters[iShipChar].Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_FRIGATE_H, 1);
characters[iShipChar].Ship.Name = "Le Mona";
characters[iChar].id = "Marcus Le Sanguinaire";
characters[iChar].name = "Marcus";
characters[iChar].lastname = "Le Sanguinaire";
characters[iChar].Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_WARSHIP, 1);
characters[iChar].ship.name = "Bloody Michelle";
characters[iChar].cannotsurrender = 1;

I added the heavy frigate named Le Mona as the Michelle's Companion and added the character to generate a Warship as the Bloody Michelle.

The News Page was archived:modding i'm sorry!

Last edited:
An archived news article will still show up on people's Notification List if they were following the Supermod. :yes

Are the SHIP_FRIGATE_H and SHIP_WARSHIP still defined somewhere? Perhaps the Tartane is a default for when the game can't find those?

An archived news article will still show up on people's Notification List if they were following the Supermod. :yes

Are the SHIP_FRIGATE_H and SHIP_WARSHIP still defined somewhere? Perhaps the Tartane is a default for when the game can't find those?
They are defined in Ships.h and the tartane if the code can't find it in AIShip.c

Yep that did the trick! The game even renamed the companion "Le Mona" like I wanted and it was a Heavy frigate. The Ships were missing some HP, but that was likely due to a collision in their models or to make them easier to capture by a lower level ship.

The News article has been resubmitted for trying to add to main page of modDB.

I updated the mortar sound and added new music for the towns. I'm getting close to repack for the planned version 3.5.

Last edited:
If you want the News article to display on the front ModDB page, try editing it a bit first.
Adding screenshots inbetween the text always helps too.
Have a look at the ones I did for PotC: New Horizons as examples: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/news
I made the changes based on what the tutorial said on modDB and resubmited.
On another note, however, I am trying to implement the satin penant flags/interface icons, but they are showing parts of other nation's flags. I'm tring to find the file that controls the flag display code,but without much luck.

What satin penant flags/interface icons is that? If it is from a CoAS Mod, that is probably because AoP has a different number of nations in the game.
You'd probably have to edit the RESOURCE\Textures\flagall.tga.tx yourself to put the new and improved ones in.

I made the changes based on what the tutorial said on modDB and resubmited.
Better! :onya

Those screenshots are from PotC though. :shock

What satin penant flags/interface icons is that? If it is from a CoAS Mod, that is probably because AoP has a different number of nations in the game.
You'd probably have to edit the RESOURCE\Textures\flagall.tga.tx yourself to put the new and improved ones in.

Better! :onya

Those screenshots are from PotC though. :shock

They are probably being utalized for historical modules 2.
I was planning to use the improved textures from the first flagall and use the stock game's smuggler flag.

The mod is from someone called: TheBlackKnight

Last edited:
TheBlackKnight is active on the forums. I'm sure he'd be willing to help you if you ask. :yes

As promised, see attached for a first version of the installer EXE (small edition like on PotC: New Horizons).
Let me know if you need anything changed.

It is based on the below installer code:
Code:
; Script generated by the HM NIS Edit Script Wizard.

Name "Age of Pirates: Historical Immersion"
OutFile "aopct_hi_supermod_installer.exe"
InstallDir "$PROGRAMFILES\Playlogic\Age of Pirates - Caribbean Tales\"

ShowInstDetails nevershow
SetCompressor lzma
ComponentText "READ THE DESCRIPTIONS! Only install additional options if you REALLY need or want them."

; Request application privileges for Windows Vista
RequestExecutionLevel highest

; HM NIS Edit Wizard helper defines
!define PRODUCT_NAME "Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales - Historical Immersion"
!define PRODUCT_VERSION "Supermod 2.0"
!define PRODUCT_PUBLISHER "PiratesAhoy! Community"
!define PRODUCT_WEB_SITE "http://www.piratesahoy.net"

; MUI 1.67 compatible ------
!include "MUI.nsh"

; MUI Settings
!define MUI_ABORTWARNING
!define MUI_ICON "C:\Users\PDM Boelen\Desktop\NEW\Installer\UsedFiles\One Shot.ico"

; Welcome page
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_WELCOME
; License page
!define MUI_LICENSEPAGE_CHECKBOX
!define MUI_PAGE_CUSTOMFUNCTION_SHOW licpageshow
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_LICENSE "C:\Users\PDM Boelen\Desktop\PotC\CoAS\Installer\UsedFiles\Installation Instructions AoP.txt"
; Components page
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_COMPONENTS
; Directory page
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_DIRECTORY
; Instfiles page
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_INSTFILES
; Finish page
!define MUI_FINISHPAGE_SHOWREADME "$INSTDIR\README-INSTALL-FEATURES.docx"
!define MUI_FINISHPAGE_SHOWREADME_TEXT "Read modpack details"
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_FINISH

; Language files
!insertmacro MUI_LANGUAGE "English"

; ================================================
;  Copy Folder with Overwrite
!include 'LogicLib.nsh'
!include 'FileFunc.nsh'
!insertmacro Locate

Var /GLOBAL switch_overwrite
!include 'UsedFiles\MoveFileFolder.nsh'

;  License Page with Courier New Font

Function licpageshow
FindWindow $0 "#32770" "" $HWNDPARENT
CreateFont $1 "Courier New" "$(^FontSize)"
GetDlgItem $0 $0 1000
SendMessage $0 ${WM_SETFONT} $1 1
FunctionEnd

;  Start Main Files Section

Section "!Main Files" SEC01
  ${If} ${FileExists} "$INSTDIR\ENGINE.exe"
  ${Else}
  MessageBox MB_OK|MB_ICONINFORMATION "ENGINE.exe not found. Make sure you install the 2006 Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales game by Akella first!" IDOK abort1
  abort1:
  Banner::destroy
  Abort
  ${EndIf}

; Only do this if the file is there
  ${If} ${FileExists} "$EXEDIR\aopct_hi_supermod.7z"
  ${Else}
  MessageBox MB_OK|MB_ICONINFORMATION "Main Files archive file not present. Place 'aopct_hi_supermod.7z' in this folder to continue." IDOK continue
  continue:
  ${If} ${FileExists} "$EXEDIR\aopct_hi_supermod.7z"
  ${Else}
  MessageBox MB_OK|MB_ICONINFORMATION "Main Files archive not found. Skipping section." IDOK abort2
  abort2:
  return
  ${EndIf}
  ${EndIf}

;  Prepare and Clean Up Stock Game Folder

StrCpy $switch_overwrite 1

; Delete unnecessary main game files
  Delete $INSTDIR\options
  RMDir /r $INSTDIR\SAVE

;  Install Main Modpack Files

; Extract 7-Zip File
  SetOutPath "$EXEDIR"
  Nsis7z::ExtractWithDetails "aopct_hi_supermod.7z" "Extracting Main Modpack Files: %s..."

; Copy from EXE Folder to Installation Directory
  !insertmacro MoveFolder "$EXEDIR\Age of Pirates - Caribbean Tales\" "$INSTDIR\" "*.*"

SectionEnd

;  Start UPDATE Files Section

Section "UPDATE Files" SEC02
  SectionIn RO

${If} ${FileExists} "$INSTDIR\ENGINE.exe"
  ${Else}
  MessageBox MB_OK|MB_ICONINFORMATION "ENGINE.exe not found. Make sure you install the 2006 Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales game by Akella first!" IDOK abort1
  abort1:
  Abort
  ${EndIf}

${If} ${FileExists} "$INSTDIR\README-INSTALL-FEATURES.docx"
  ${Else}
  MessageBox MB_OK|MB_ICONINFORMATION "README-INSTALL-FEATURES.docx not found. Make sure you install the Historical Immersion Supermod Main Files first!" IDOK abort2
  abort2:
  Abort
  ${EndIf}

;  Install UPDATE Files

;  Clean Up Update Files

SectionEnd

;  Additional Optional Sections

Section /o "ENB Improved Graphics" SEC03
  Delete "$INSTDIR\Uninstall ENB.bat"
  SetOutPath "$INSTDIR"
  File "C:\Users\PDM Boelen\Desktop\NEW\Installer\ENB\d3d8.dll"
  SetOutPath "$INSTDIR\Documentation"
  File "C:\Users\PDM Boelen\Desktop\NEW\Installer\ENB\Documentation\ENB Key Codes.txt"
  File "C:\Users\PDM Boelen\Desktop\NEW\Installer\ENB\Documentation\ENB License.txt"
  File "C:\Users\PDM Boelen\Desktop\NEW\Installer\ENB\Documentation\ENB ReadMe.txt"
  SetOutPath "$INSTDIR"
  File "C:\Users\PDM Boelen\Desktop\NEW\Installer\ENB\enbconvertor.ini"
  File "C:\Users\PDM Boelen\Desktop\NEW\Installer\ENB\enbpalette.bmp"
  File "C:\Users\PDM Boelen\Desktop\NEW\Installer\ENB\enbseries.ini"
  File "C:\Users\PDM Boelen\Desktop\NEW\Installer\ENB\Uninstall ENB.exe"
SectionEnd

Section -Post
  CreateDirectory $INSTDIR\SAVE
SectionEnd

;  Section Descriptions and Size

Function .onInit
# Section Size must be manually set to the size of the required disk space as NSIS will not do this for external files.
# set required size of section number of kilobytes
SectionSetSize ${SEC01} 6710886

; Installer must NOT be in the game directory
${If} ${FileExists} "$EXEDIR\ENGINE.exe"
  MessageBox MB_OK|MB_ICONINFORMATION "Please place the installation files OUTSIDE your game folder." IDOK abort
  abort:
  Abort
${EndIf}

FunctionEnd

!insertmacro MUI_FUNCTION_DESCRIPTION_BEGIN
  !insertmacro MUI_DESCRIPTION_TEXT ${SEC01} "Code files and resources required for the Historical Immersion Supermod. Deselect if installing an Update only."
  !insertmacro MUI_DESCRIPTION_TEXT ${SEC02} "Additional UPDATE files for the Historical Immersion Supermod. Will ALWAYS be installed."
  !insertmacro MUI_DESCRIPTION_TEXT ${SEC03} "Post-processing improved graphics. WARNING: Requires very high system specifications to run smoothly. Only install if you have a really good computer!"
!insertmacro MUI_FUNCTION_DESCRIPTION_END
Please check all filenames/paths. As I can't actually download your file right now, I also cannot check the correct ones myself.
And how many kilobytes is your modding work uncompressed? I have to update that number too.

Since your modpack is relatively small in size, I should be able to make a single-file installer once I get back home.
But that'll be at least another two weeks or so. But in the meantime, I'm hoping we can get this one to work.

Attachments

• aopct_hi_supermod_installer.zip
    336.5 KB · Views: 265
Back