• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates City of Abandoned Ships Windows 7 Problem

Akella Fan

Mephisto
Hello, I am new to this forum and I want to say you guys really rock! I have installed CoAS a few days ago and encountered a problem. In the actual city the game crashes very often; so often that it is unplayable. Note that it crashes only when it is stormy weather. I could make it to the tavern but when I reached the end of the quest the storm started again and i could not recruit the crew because of the crashes. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and my graphics card is nVidia GTS360m. My CPU is Intel Core i7 740QM 1.6GHz and i have 8GB Ram. The rest of the game runs without problems. Please help me 'cause I really want to play through the quest. I know the topic has been opened before but nothing found there helped me. I have updated my TAGES drivers and my nVidia drivers. Sorry for my bad english. Any help would be appreciated.

I suggest disabling the storm would be a good idea, but I don't know how to do that... :keith

I've read posts about this weather problem, I'm not sure if there is a solution floating around somewhere in the forums, perhaps someone with a better memory can be of some help.

I still think the best idea is to disable that storm. Can any modder please tell how to do that or give me a suggestion to fix the problem? I heard that it may be nVidia cards causing the problem...

I think I found a solution. Editing the reaction_functions.c file would be a idea, because it would stop the storm. Can anybody tell me what I have to modify in order to stop the storms in CoAS (the actual city)?

I downloaded a modified reaction_functions.c file. In a week or two I am going to tell if it helped or not. Thanks for the support.

It worked. Simply replace the file with the original reaction_functions.c file but only after the first storm ends (otherwise the first storm will never end). Download the file from post 13 in this thread: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15549-windows-7-x64-engineexe-bug/

Back