• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates II ... only for the original version ... from de Zee Roovers « german Team »

No, that the syntax error in the Islands init.c ...
Then there are .... duplicate definitions.

So, you are saying that you never have crashes to desktop?

What lines do I need to check in Islands init.c?

I'm satisfied with the way it is. Crashes happen very rarely.

Also, I don't get bad saves, which is awesome.

so what ... I'm still alive ... :cheeky

The list ...
The red in color have to remain as a .tga file. This does not change.
The blue is from POTC and will be deleted later. This does not change.
You can see, that some files are correct as .tga.tx the original game.

This .tga to .tga.tx change in the .ini and .c folders turns out to be a clever idea. It avoids some character string expansion with the paths during the many texture loads and speeds things up. Follow what Mirsaneli did and do a search for .tga in a file explorer, drag them into a program that is capable of opening that many files, find/replace .tga with .tga.tx, then do another find/replace for .tx.tx to .tx (for the ones that were already set as .tga.tx). Then save them all.

Also remember to review the search results for the files in Jan's list (at his link, highlighted in red) in RESOURCE\foam\islands and don't open those for edit.

This can easily get you messed up, so copy your game files first, in case things go wrong.

Islands
That's a catastrophe.
First, we must a few .tga files move.

new path: Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\Textures\Islands

In the folder (city / island) are the .tga files.
AntiguaMask.tga.tx
BarbadosMask.tga.tx
Caiman.tga.tx
Cuba1Mask.tga.tx
Cuba2Mask.tga.tx
CuracaoMask.tga.tx
DominicaMask.tga.tx
GuadeloupeMask.tga.tx
MarieGalanteMask.tga.tx
HispaniolaMask.tga.tx
shipDead.tga.tx
TortugaFort.tga.tx
TortugaMask.tga.tx
IslaMonaMask.tga.tx
JamaicaMask.tga.tx
MartiniqueMask.tga.tx
Charlestown_mini.tga.tx
NevisMask.tga.tx
PuertoRicoMask.tga.tx
StMartinMask.tga.tx
TobagoMask.tga.tx
TrinidadMask.tga.tx

Move it to this ...
path: Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\Textures

Now they can delete the folder: Islands

Referenz:The correct path to this is in the source code.

Play it now the game: Look at more accurate the Islands and the Seabed.

Last edited:
@ ChezJfrey
There are some .tga properly.
But I do not understand, why they did not write any other way.
I have long read the code, without changing what.
It always appeared to the question. Why so?

original Example
Age of Pirates 2\Program\Locations\init\Barbados.c(1137): Locations[n].models.always.grassPatch.texture = "grass\grassshore.tga.tx";

@Mirsaneli
We did just as 15% of the changes.
I do not know if I still get all the subtleties together.
At the moment everything is just coarse things.

I moved the islands as you explained. Looks very nice! Why original developers didn't do it like that?

The question I ask myself. I saw, that Sea Dogs: To Each His Down has the same problem.
In AoP Caribbean Tales, is not this folder. I think, it should a clear Structure be created.
But this is speculative.

Sea Dogs: To Each His Own was a true disappointment... I expected so much from that game, but it turns out that COAS is much better...

True, they have implemented crafting system in SD:TEHO, but it's nothing spectacular considering the game is too difficult and has linear storyline. It would be a good game if someone could modify it, but unfortunately, it's locked for modding because you can only get it via Steam, and most of the files are locked.

I do not have the same opinion. It only has the same trouble as COAS.
Give the studio some time. I know of uegeen that they are working. SD:TEHO shall themselves better.
It is a matter of time ...

I like steam not. That's why, I do not use it.

Last edited:
Islands_init.c
path: Age of Pirates 2\Program\islands

so it looks original ... the beginning
Code:
void InitIslands()
{
    int        n, i;

for (i=0; i<MAX_ISLANDS; i++)
    {
        DeleteAttribute(&Islands[i], "");

Islands[i].id = "";
        Islands[i].reload_enable = true;
        Islands[i].visible = true;
        Islands[i].colonyquantity = 1;
        Islands[i].net = true;

Islands[i].ImmersionDistance = 450000.0;
        Islands[i].ImmersionDepth = 0.0;
        Islands[i].maxviewdist = 5000.0;
    }

modify the code so they

Code:
void InitIslands()
{
    int        n, i;

for (i=0; i<MAX_ISLANDS; i++)
    {
        DeleteAttribute(&Islands[i], "");

Islands[i].id = "";
        Islands[i].reload_enable = true;
        Islands[i].visible = true;
        Islands[i].colonyquantity = 1;
        Islands[i].net = false;

Islands[i].ImmersionDistance = 450000.0;    // distance = fRadius * ImmersionDistance, from island begin immersion
        Islands[i].ImmersionDepth = 0.0;            // immersion depth = (Distance2Camera / (fRadius * ImmersionDistance) - 1.0) * ImmersionDepth ...Eintauchtiefe Insel = 0
        Islands[i].maxviewdist = 5000.0;            //.....maximale Sichtweite vom Schiff aus
    }

These are the first 20 rows. The need to remain so.
Everything is what changed now,takes place after 20 rows.

delete the following code from the file ... they can multiply to be existence

Code:
        Islands[n].net.deathmatch.l1..lxx - deathmatch and team deathmatch locators
        Islands[n].net.convoy.l1..l2 - defend convoy(l1 start point)
        Islands[n].net.fort.l1..lxx -

Code:
        Islands[n].InterfaceTextures.t1 = "battle_interface\moor_7.tga";
        Islands[n].InterfaceTextures.t1.h = 4;
        Islands[n].InterfaceTextures.t1.v = 1;

Code:
        Islands[n].ImmersionDistance
        Islands[n].ImmersionDepth

Now we eliminate the syntax error .... the path be right
a backslash must be at the end ... looks like
Code:
 E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(34):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\barbados\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(161):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Jamaica\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(291):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\PuertoRico\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(410):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Cuba1\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(546):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Cuba2\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(681):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Curacao\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(808):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Tortuga\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(927):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\SentMartin\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(1046):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Trinidad\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(1173):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Nevis\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(1300):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Antigua\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(1419):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Guadeloupe\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(1562):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Martinique\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(1691):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Hispaniola1\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(1828):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Hispaniola2\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(1947):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Bermudes\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(2054):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Dominica\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(2090):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Terks\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(2127):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Caiman\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(2164):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\PortoBello\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(2291):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Cartahena\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(2410):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Maracaibo\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(2529):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Caracas\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(2640):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Cumana\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(2768):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\SantaCatalina\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(2895):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\Beliz\\";
  E:\Age of Pirates 2 Beta\Program\islands\Islands_init.c(3046):        Islands[n].filespath.models = "islands\LostShipsCity\\";

And now I get trouble
away with the junglesprites ... that works on 8 bit basis ...
unusable ... because you have to develop what new ... you can indeed times to think

clears the nonsense
Code:
        Islands[n].jungle.patch
        Islands[n].jungle.texture
        Islands[n].jungle.scale;

Last edited:
Is putting the // in front of the code same as deleting the code?
Behind it can you write comments.

Damn it, the most important I forgot.:modding

path: Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\foam\islands

Delete all files with the extension .... .tga.zap

The Holy Bible (Source Code) will create new. (zap Generator) :yes

Last edited:
After new ZAP files have been created, you can remove the TGA files again that were generated in the process.

And yes, putting // in front of a code like or /* and */ around it makes that code "invisible" for the game.

I removed the tga.zap files from foam folder. Just asking, why do we remove the tga.zap files?

So far, I don't quite understand what we are editing and why :D

I only got the part with changing the textures of the World map :D

Back