• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Akellas 2 Other Pirate Game Details!

Well, since I don't work for Akella's PR I feel free to share everything I know about these projects, not just the good stuff :cheers
Like for example this Swashbucklers: Legacy of Drake seems to be developed solely for PS2, with no PC version. Funny, they don't mention that in their announcement.

Swashbucklers will have a PC version, but yeah its designed for the PS2 using the redonware engine :cheers

I just go tthe Q&A for Captain blood back from Alexander, now im really a bit shakey after reading it, ill put it up when i get home tonight

Wow, thats good news for all us PS2 owners. I would have never thought that PS2 would ever come out with a game like this! :cheers

I must say it will give another reason to play the beast, without having some sort of sports game!

<!--`QuoteBegin-Keith`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Keith)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Swashbucklers will have a PC version, but yeah its designed for the PS2 using the redonware engine 8)

I just go tthe Q&A for Captain blood back from Alexander, now im really a bit shakey after reading it, ill put it up when i get home tonight[/quote]

Well, Keith, it's your turn to clear things up -- I was a bit confused about that `pc-version` and rather jumped to the conclusion than had a solid info.
I wonder what you got in that Q&A... :cheers

CatalinaThePirate

Don't worry, you'll be able to mod all you like in Captain Blood, it'll have an editor, which Akella use themselves to develop this game. And if I'm not mistaken, it's gonna take all the modding in the world to make it a game which not only looks spectacular, but is great to play too.

Captain Blood sounds GREAT! I am looking forward to it! :cheers :cheers

Now if we could only import new character models into PotC, I'd be extremely happy!!! 8) xD:

just tou build the suspense a bit more.... Captain blood isnt what everyone thinks it will be, Seabro was right on the mark before about it ill only be confirming it ltaer on today

:dio I'm waiting... 8) :cheers

j/k! Well no, I AM waiting, but I know you want to take some time and make it look good before you spring the bad news on us! :cheers

heh, ive got another 3 hours of real life work before i can even start on it :cheers

ahh seabro, the comment i was talking about was in another email, not in the Q&A

Swashbucklers is mostly a PlayStation 2 project (though we'll have a PC version too). Utilizes RenderWare. The water is absolutely incredible for a PS2 title, though it is rather poor in comparison with Blood's PC might

Want to repeat what I said in the other thread, Keith, great job on getting up that interview - really appreciate it. Thank you!!! :cheers

I didn't mean to needle you - just havin' fun. 8)

:cheers Hey... This guy xD: needs a pirate hat!

(where are those new smilies?)

Well hopefully with Capt. Blood being insanely linear and focusing on Land and sea combat, that Akella will have a good combat system worked out for the next proper pirate game(aka the Seadpgs sequel). I'm also hoping that they get the boarding done right, like Alex says they are working on 'making them look like a massacare'...or some such thing.

So while I'm disappointed in the linarity of Blood, I hope it will be a good testbed.

Back