• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Akella's SeaDogs, my true love...and now?

Ambrose LeGaillard

Powder Monkey
Many years ago I played Akella's SeaDogs, and the world changed around me.

It was a game that take my heart completely, with an unique astonishing music, ships to find and use, from lil merchantile, as the barco, to the corvettes and heavy war ships.

I was so pleased and deeply fell in love with this game. I remember again the sea in the day, the rain and the storms, the mighty battles against enemy vessels, and the JollyRoger flag waving in the wind.

Now I see that are other games like SeaDogs: you talk of POTC and Abandoned Ships.

I had POTC time ago, but I was very unsatisfied because the mix with the movie: I wanted a Sea Dogs 2, not this commercial attempt.

Now, I ask to the community what game is better to take and play, and where I can find these games. Of course I will use also your created mods for better my game.

Thank you in advance for yer nice replies, and fare thee well

PotC and CoAS are both very good. CoAS even without mods, PotC really does need the modifications.
Don't let the PotC film license bother you; the game never did have much of a link with the films and all added content on that subject is easily avoidable.

I found my copy of CoAS on ebay for $4 along with a copy of Silent Service 4. I am sure someone might still have a copy lying around.

Back