• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

ALAS!!!! me fine new mod ideas!!

CaptJackSparrow

PSYCHEDELIC PYRATE
Hi me hearties, yo ho!

well here are a few mods that i was thinking of, that, alas, with me bad memory, have been flushed down de toilet and lost, until, for some odd reason, i found them! i remember now! enjoy, and tell me what's ye thinks! arghh! :p3

well first, (this is for all of you die hard "true sailing" sailors/pirates, that love to go into regular sailing mode just for the he11 of it. or just for trading purposes only!) well after i went into regular sail mode, i passed up some merchant ships, in a convoy. well i was thinkin, that we could make a mod where we can trade with them. like, you would board up wit dem and trade like would make it more realistic, cuz if they are merchants, why cant you trade eh? lol i know that ye's wants to just pillage it and plunder it instead, but when im actually trying to work for a country, i dont like to be "piraty" for that time being, (until i turn back into Jack Sparrow, haha!). so i think this would be nice to see.

another, would be to make the fort battles less dull when you get into the fort. its not very fun...i dunno how to make this less dull, but we have beautifully gifted modders in dis h're crew, so, you can tink of somting!

another thing i would like to see is...well, i havent truly played Sea Dogs, but i saw the guy you play in the game, and i LOVE the way he looks! he has dat hair in ponytail, the black gloves, and all that. could someone make a (better graphics version, not the EXACT version from Sea Dogs) skin of that guy from sea dogs? that would be nice.

another think i would like to see is...well, i remember that there is AT LEAST one person here that actually makes those "video" things, like for example, the one that you get to watch when you die, beat the game, escape oxbay right in the beginning, you know, those side videos that you see when something big happens. well whoever makes those videos, how bout could you make one for like, when you get married, make a beautiful wedding video...and for when you get promoted too. i think it sucks that all you do is get promoted right straight from governor. i think there should be a HUGE ceremony. like the one from Pirates of the CAribbean movie. maybe the people who make those videos for video games could somehow use that scene from Pirates of the Caribbean where Norrington got promoted to Commodore :yes

i may have more along the way, for i have just forgot two that i was gonna say...DAMMIT! lol. please tell me how possible or impossible these are! thankx!

maybe the people who make those videos for video games could somehow use that scene from Pirates of the Caribbean where Norrington got promoted to Commodore  

Sorry but i don't think you can use movie scenes because of legal reasons. :cheers
I am not even sure if you're alowed to use the music but this depends.

could you make one for like, when you get married, make a beautiful wedding video

Off course I can make one, the problem is i don't know how to tell the game to play it at the right moment. :p3

Perhaps someone else could help us out with that problem. (Nathan?) :yes

Off course I can make one, the problem is i don't know how to tell the game to play it at the right moment.

alright that sounds cool! maybe like, after the build is out, and when the modders are slowed down on de expansion pack, maybe we could inform nathankell, and other modders about this idea...i mean, wouldnt u agree dat a wedding is pretty dull when u do it right in the governors office...no one there but u here and de governor!! lol

Great ideas, CJS! How possible or impossible? Well, I'm not that knowledgable about this stuff, but I can make some pretty strong guesstimates -

Trading on the open seas might be difficult unless it was a special quest kind of thing. I don't know whether it can be written, or not. That's hard code, not my thing... :(

Fort battles - well, more men to fight? More plunder? Soldiers screaming and running at the sight of your ferocious landing party? :p3 Well, perhaps this can be done... It sounds feasable to me. :cheers

The main character in SeaDogs is Nicholas Sharpe. And if you recall, once you finish the main quest in PotC and go back to Redmond, there is a new governor - HE is a character that was in SeaDogs that someone brought into PotC... AND the Maurikio character that I am using in my Fred Bob the Bo'sun quest also came from SeaDogs. So it's possible to import a character by using his texture or skin over an existing PotC model, if an appropriate one exists. THAT is the question... I've seen pix of the character, and he seems simple enough. I think there should be a model somewhere that comes close to fitting his description that might work. Only thing is, he might have to lose the ponytail. :)

Cutscenes for major events would be very cool, yes, and I am sure that you could make some and add them - it's just a matter of finding the right code to say "PLAY THIS HERE". :eek:

So there ya have it. Keep those ideas coming CJS, they're good - and they'll only get soggy if you keep them in the toilet, LOL! :yes

Starlancer, I think a lot of what we do to this game might be considered illegal - but - we're not selling it - it's just for our own use - rather like you making a cassette tape of some music from a cd so you can play it in your car stereo - it's not strictly legal, but since you're not making any money from it, it's okay (well, depends on who you ask, but you get my drift, I'm sure)... So using footage from the film would probably be okay. I'm not sure it would look *appropriate* - we should have these cutscenes peopled by the characters and ships and locations in the game - but I think we'd be okay on this... :? :cheers

Fort battles - well, more men to fight? More plunder? Soldiers screaming and running at the sight of your ferocious landing party?  Well, perhaps this can be done... It sounds feasable to me.  

hmmm...after thinkin of this, maybe there should be a cutscene when you board a ship and enter a fort too eh?

The main character in SeaDogs is Nicholas Sharpe. And if you recall, once you finish the main quest in PotC and go back to Redmond, there is a new governor - HE is a character that was in SeaDogs that someone brought into PotC... AND the Maurikio character that I am using in my Fred Bob the Bo'sun quest also came from SeaDogs. So it's possible to import a character by using his texture or skin over an existing PotC model, if an appropriate one exists. THAT is the question... I've seen pix of the character, and he seems simple enough. I think there should be a model somewhere that comes close to fitting his description that might work. Only thing is, he might have to lose the ponytail.  

do you know like if i go buy or download Maya 4.5, would that help me a lot? and lets say i make him, and make him look terrific, could we put it in the mods section?

:yes:

<!--`QuoteBegin-CaptJackSparrow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptJackSparrow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->do you know like if i go buy or download Maya 4.5, would that help me a lot?[/quote]

Currently none of the modders can make new character models because there is a tool to import them into the game but it does not work... People are trying to remedy this situation, but for the moment, we are stuck... :p3

You can make SHIPS with Maya, tho.

To make Nicholas Sharpe for PotC, for now, you would use any good image editing software. Read the Texturing tutorial at the top of this forum to get tips on what to do. :yes

hmmm...after thinkin of this, maybe there should be a cutscene when you board a ship and enter a fort too eh?  

YES definetly we need a Cutscene for that !!! :yes
or several different ones.
Question: Can this be done I mean can you tell the game to play a random "ATTACKING FORT" movie???

i mean, wouldnt u agree dat a wedding is pretty dull when u do it right in the governors office...no one there but u here and de governor!! lol

Yes the wedding is pretty boring i thought you would have to go to church and have a wedding there but well you dont.... :p3:

Starlancer, I think a lot of what we do to this game might be considered illegal - but - we're not selling it - it's just for our own use - rather like you making a cassette tape of some music from a cd so you can play it in your car stereo - it's not strictly legal, but since you're not making any money from it, it's okay (well, depends on who you ask, but you get my drift, I'm sure)... So using footage from the film would probably be okay. I'm not sure it would look *appropriate* - we should have these cutscenes peopled by the characters and ships and locations in the game - but I think we'd be okay on this...  

I would`t count on that I heard of a mod for Homeworld whose creators had to pay quite an amount of money because they used the original Star Wars music.
Using POTC scenes is far too dangerous for my taste and it doesn't fit with an Akella game or with Sea Dogs!
Remember it was Walt Disney that almoust ruined Sea Dogs 2! :x

<!--`QuoteBegin-Starlancer`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starlancer)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yes the wedding is pretty boring i thought you would have to go to church and have a wedding there but well you dont.... :cry: [/quote] Heh, there are a lot of locators for people inside various churches - so I'm guessing you could put a lot of NPC's into a church for a wedding - that would be cute, a bunch of raggedy pirates in church for their captain's wedding! :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-Starlancer`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starlancer)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I heard of a mod for Homeworld whose creators had to pay quite an amount of money because they used the original Star Wars music.[/quote]I'm not familiar with Homeworld, so I don't understand the situation. If they created a MMORPG that used Star Wars music, YES, I can see where it would be a problem. I don't know copyright laws that well, but you do bring up a very important consideration. :D :cheers

Back