• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"All Hands Ahoy" Blood & Gold: Caribbean Free DLC!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Blood & Gold / "All Hands Ahoy!" Free DLC + video

"All Hands Ahoy!" free DLC is now released for all owners of the game. In addition to this, Blood & Gold itself will be discounted on Steam for two days 50%. Grab it while you can!

This update brings a good question — what's so good about being a pirate? We got you covered with this video:

Full update notes:

Added:
- Illegal horse races with no rules — ask Suspicious man about them if you're interested.
- Story campaign — pirate adventure about love, revenge, rise to power and killing Spanish governors.
- Unique city locations for each faction.
- Adult content in pirate taverns — be sure to turn it off, if you're playing with kids.
- City raids — if you need some money and have some thugs in your party, but you don't feel like risking everything for a siege attack, this is an option for you. Quickly raid a city, killing innocent people and grabbing everything of value.
- New interactions with ships in the sea — you can try trading with other ships or instigate a ship's crew to throw their officers overboard and join you as pirates.
- New multiplayer mode “Hunger Games”.
Fixed:
- Removed numerous jamming points on the global map.
- Improved AI behavior in land sieges.
- Improved calculation algorithm for boarding parties.
- Added button for quick access to trading convoys.
- Fixed imbalance in prosperity for cities.

--

About "Blood & Gold: Caribbean!":
"Blood & Gold: Caribbean!" is a blend of economic strategy and open-world RPG, set in the pirate era of XVII Century Caribbean. The game is based on the significantly improved Mount & Blade: Warband engine.

Free for all previous owners of 'Caribbean!', Blood & Gold brings community's most wanted features, such as an addition of the Native tribes, reworked locations and strategy map, playable female character, special missions and other numerous tweaks and improvements.

Steam page: Save 50% on Blood & Gold: Caribbean! on Steam
Review keys available at press@snowbirdgames.com or at distribute()
Official website: Snowbird Games | Main page | Independent videogames development and publishing company from Russia

About Snowbird Game Studios
Snowbird Game Studios (aka Snowbird Games) is a small game development studio with offices in Moscow and Kiev. The studio employees were previously responsible for developing and launching such products as Combat Mission: Afghanistan, Mount & Blade™: With Fire & Sword and Eador. Masters of the Broken World.

Attachments

• BG_cover.png
    BG_cover.png
    431.7 KB · Views: 77
I also had bad experience with this.
Many bugs.. less fun than previous patches.

There is a big bug now which enables you to create your own kingdom and all nations turn against you.. you won't survive for 5 minutes with overpowered ships hunting you from island to island.

Until this bug is fixed I would'nt recommend. Also, unlike other Mount & Blade games.. this game causes heavy lag unless you have a strong system to support. I'm talking about 30v30 armies..
In Mount & Blade I fought 200v300 or whatever and it takes a while before lag starts to happen.. but Blood & Gold is much more laggier.

Smexy!

But I would like a fix for the warmongering factions - as I was building up my own empire, fighting only against one kingdom, suddenly everyone, except for the pirates, declared war on me. And despite the wars ongoing for at least one year, the game tells me that it's too early for peace treaties and even if I can offer peace, the prices are ridiculously high.
Mind you, I had very good relationships with them.

Okay, if I ask them why, they tell me that I would treat the Carribean as it was all mine. Seriously, they should be happy that I destroy their biggest opponents.

And no, it isn't really fun to defend your small empire against the whole world after your blood. =/

Reactions: A.H
It is confirmed by many other players on discussion that it is a bug.. as soon as you walk to mansion and this Ann pirate shows up.
Hope they make a fix.

If it is a bug I am sure they will fix it soon. Still not a reason not to recommend a game. Everyone knows there can be one or ten - or hundreds of bugs when something goes live.

It's impossible to account for all possible scenarios.

From what I have sees so far - as I have kept my eye on this game and played it around 40 hours on and off since it was released as Caribbean on early access - is that the Devs take their community very seriously and have been quite quick to follow up - and fix - bugs as they emerge.

I have not played the last update yet (as I am more than enough busy being involved in 3 games being developed atm) - but as soon as I get a chance (and that apparent bug has been fixed) - I will look forward to clock a good few hours on it again.

I have aprox 4000 hours clocked on the Mount & Blade Warband engine, with various mods - and this game version built on that engine, being set in the Pirates era and the Caribbean just merges two passions of mine. I have quite enjoyed this game so far, and welcome the new added and upgrades from this update and can't wait to get to try it :cheers

NOW BUILD ME A PIRATE EMPIRE!!! :pirates:ship

Last edited:
These snowbird devs I am not quite fond of.. in my experience; instead of spending time on fixing.. they are actually wasting time downvoting negative reviews.. I am witness to that lol

But Blood & Gold is more laggy than the regular M&B series... not sure why.. although i have all video options to low.

Never heard about that nor have I played it before... but I'm referring to Blood & Gold Caribbean... it's weird that all games created by russians have issues.. mostly related to management lol

I have worked with a few Russian game devs, and never had any issues, nor have their games been received that way by the audience.

But I will agree that a few bad ones does give the rest a unjust bad reputation.

But the same can be said about American dev companies as well - or any place in the world. :cheers

A bad company is bad regardless of origins :pirates

Yes the experiences Ive had with russian devs gave me that impression... however.. Rockstar games still on my #1 list!
Can't wait for Red dead redemption 2 announcement sometime soon.

My biggest concern for the game is that there is almost zero love from the modding community. This game is based on one of the most popular games out there for modding and there are 3 mods on ModNexus, none of them are worth looking at.

My biggest peeve so far is the mechanic for doing your own convoys. So I have to go to a town, hire a clerk, preferably build buildings (which takes a ton of time and money) to make goods or buy goods to round out the trip, outfit a fleet (better max it out or they get destroyed easily), then I also have to get a clerk in another town that I am sending the cargo to. Once that is all complete I can send the convoy from one town to the other. Once it reaches the new place I can repeat the task at the new location. So if I have more than a couple convoys going it is getting really annoying micromanaging everything. Why did I hire a clerk? Why did I hire Captains and crew for the ship? Can no one else make a decision? At least let me just say 'start here, go to here, repeat' and leave me out of it after that. Something like X3 where you would essentially let the captain decide where they would go next and buy/sell. It isn't like I have a shortage of ships considering every 10 minutes I have captured at least 3 convoys of medium sized cargo ships.

Now, if you get bored playing "Ship Micromanagement Simulator 2016" you can go capture ships and take their cargo. Then go to a town and right click on it (no tutorial or screen tells you about this trick) and 'smuggle' the goods in. So, you spent 3 days getting your trading ability up? Waste of time, you should just smuggle because you ALWAYS get max price smuggling, plus no taxes! So a whole load of goods I would normally get around 150k for in port I can get around 500-600k smuggling. It is best to smuggle into a neutral nation that is neither for or against you. Once in awhile you will get caught by a patrol and have to sink them and lose some rep with that nation so don't smuggle into your primary nation, pick someone else.

Now, if you really want to get down and dirty it is time to start boarding ships and getting into fights. Fights where you can't even swing your sword because it is so tightly packed.... oh, unless you are an AI with a long boarding pike, they can swing those no problem. Maybe just crawl up into the rigging and snipe? Oh, forgot that all shooters will randomly target you for some reason if you are in the open. Hrm, maybe just hang out at the back and do nothing because the AI will constantly kill you no matter how good your armor and skills are.... gee, that sounds fun!

As you can tell, I am seriously annoyed at the mechanics of this game. They took a REALLY good concept and just trashed it with bad mechanics. I have somewhere in the 3-4k hours of playing M&B over the years so I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to like this game. It is like Pirates! mixed with M&B, I mean they even have the "!" in the title, so it HAS to be good, right?! I will go back to playing Pirates! and PotC with New Horizons on it. This is a complete waste of time as far as I can tell. I seriously can't open M&B/Warband on my computer without expecting to lose at least a hundred hours to that game over the next month. This? Well, I am at like 4 hours and completely annoyed at it. I think my issue is I expected more M&B and less "lets just stick more crap on the ground for the AI to get stuck on". I won't get into town battles because the 1 that I did spawned an enemy INSIDE a house that has no entrance. So I had to forfeit the battle because one guy was untouchable.... oh, and I lost reputation because of it so my own faction didn't like me after that.

Ok, I intended to only write the first paragraph but my annoyance got the better of me and I kept going.... that is just how annoying this game is to me.

Ok, I tried it again. I watched some more youtube vids, read some more help guides... it still sucks. The postage stamp sea battles just kill me. You can't use the wind to your advantage and about 99.99% of the time you are facing upwind at the start. The size of the battle area keeps you from doing nice running battles and using the speed or maneuverability of your ship to full advantage. It seems to only have been done to make up for the poor ship AI. I had to uninstall it, I just couldn't take it...

Back