• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug All relations for every nation friendly with each other

Jonty

Ϯ ρiгaτϵ ϻaᴤτϵѓміпם Ϯ
Beta 3.1 Full
Tales of a Sea Hawk

I've just been on a good long trip on Iron Man Mode, and was going to smuggle some ale into Porto Rico next from Jamaica after getting rid of Virgil Boon and reporting back for the next mission to Barbados, so I was going to switch to a Spanish flag. Then I notice this was here, which has never happened before. I hadn't checked my relations for quite some time, as I was operating on a personal flag and was shipping cargo between countries I knew were friendly, so I had no reason to check the page for a good while. Now the thing is, this isn't true for me. I don't know how I got -30 with Britain, although I noticed it after I shot Virgil Boon at Saint Pierre port while inside his cabin to save me trouble later, and to my knowledge did not cause this friendly relations problem, unless it did and I just haven't remembered that I really hadn't checked my relations for so long. Is there any easy way to fix this, or is every country in the game going to remain best friends forever?

Attachments

• Relations.jpg
    Relations.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
Cheers,

you play with changing nations relations on?

Because then ... it might be a rare thing to happen, but when all nations relations change over time, a situation may occur, where they are all allied to each other. Possibly at least, for I don't know the code responsible. Perhaps just continue to play and see how it developes?

Generally, I think it is better to leave nations relations at costant when playing a storyline.

But you say they have changed ... so I'd say that's a rare accident, just continue playing and see what happens. :dance

Strange thing is though, I do have static relations on because I'm trying to play the story properly. I'm just continuing on as normal anyway by hoisting the correct flag for the respective ports. Feels odd that I can sail into a Spanish port with the British flag with the nation emblem on sails... so even though I can, I won't. At least it hasn't affected my personal relations.

I had that happen once a few months ago, and no I do not remember how it got fixed.

All I remember is that it was related to changing flags. I was smuggling and the nations got confused about flags. I was actually unable to use certain ones. Try all of the flags and see if any do not work.

Aye with fix relations that should'nt happen. Shouldn't happen with changing relations either, or at leas ... oh my how likely ist hat? :rumgone

Are the pirates friendly as well?

I attached an image which shows that all nations (including pirates) are friendly with each other, yet I remained with normal relations with everyone. Raising the pirate flag next to anyone else does not make them shoot at me.

same thing happened to me just now, with the changing nation relations on.
i didnt change flags or anything, i was always flying the personal. I'm pretty sure this was the first change too

This will be a tuff one to fix with no coders around. :shrug

As far as I can remember I was the only one that had this problem during testing, and I probably "fixed" it by starting a new game after a new install. Back then Pieter was coming out with updates weekly.

Is this pretty much a confirmed bug now?

In the meantime, since I started as a pirate, I'll have to switch to my personal flag and not the pirate one. Should get me by since the personal relations don't seem affected as shown on the relations screen. Should be able to do what a pirate does in the meantime, just that it would be a bit awkward if would-be opposing nations meet or if I meet a nation with an opposing nation's flag.

Shame that it might take a while if there are no coders around that could fix it. I hate having to start a new game just when things are getting good on the current profile :nerbz

It does happen and it is very rare. The rarity is going to make it hard to fix, and with no coder........

Funny that it is "very rare" yet I've encountered it twice in the space of 3 profiles. Talk about being unlucky.

Are 1 or 2 of those profiles new? or they're all old? Have you tried starting a new game? Whew, that is frustrating. :facepalm

Basically this:

1st profile: Beta 3.1 - when this thread was created, started a new game
2nd profile: Beta 3.1 - luckily it did not happen
3rd profile: Beta 3.1 - happened again when fighting a ship in Guadeloupe waters, it surrendered, I fired some cannons at it anyway, got fed up and sailed back to my home island of Nevis. Checked relations to see my standings and discovered it happened again.

But as I said before, because I started as a pirate all my personal relations mirrored my nationality relations as well, so have resorted to using my personal flag instead. It just breaks the immersion a bit when everyone including pirates are friendly with each other, especially when they ever meet at some point.

I hate keep starting a new game just when things are getting good. Then it will happen on another profile when that is getting good knowing my luck.

I've got no clue what might cause this and nothing to go on for testing purposes.
If anyone can figure out more information on how and when this happens, let me know.
But without that information, it is simply impossible to even try to fix it.

Could I please have a savegame where this has happened?
And does it still happens?
Please try to describe as best as possible the situations you think this might cause so I can see if I can find a bug in the code.

Back