• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Alternative Music Pack

Cool, @DeathDaisy! :woot

I haven't heard your new Dutch town music, but assuming it is a good one, I'd suggest having both the original and your new one in the mod.

Wasn't there already American town music? I seem to remember adding that ages ago.

Also, while you're at it, do you think you could do something about this issue? Fits right in! ;)
Fix in Progress - Music Missing from Personal Towns

@Grey Roger: What do you think about adding this to the main mod?

I'd prefer to leave the standard music alone. The alternative music pack is available as a stand-alone download for anyone who wants it.

There is indeed American town music in the standard installation. I heard some of it when I visited Eleuthera during a recent playthrough of the "Hornblower" storyline to check that the new sidequest works with the storyline.

I phrased it badly o_O what I meant to say was that since both america and sweden are guest1_nation, swedish towns used the american music, so I separated them by period and added new music for sweden :onya

@Grey Roger this doesnt touch the standard music xD the options menu got support for switching between different packs but the mod only comes w/ one, so this doesnt overwrite anything :cheers

I phrased it badly o_O what I meant to say was that since both america and sweden are guest1_nation, swedish towns used the american music, so I separated them by period and added new music for sweden :onya
Ah, I get it now! Thanks. :cheers

@Grey Roger this doesnt touch the standard music xD the options menu got support for switching between different packs but the mod only comes w/ one, so this doesnt overwrite anything :cheers
I'd guessed as much. There are several additions waiting for me to do a WinMerge check and that's one of them. Unless WinMerge turns up anything worrying, the Swedish music mod can go in. :onya

I haven't heard your new Dutch town music, but assuming it is a good one, I'd suggest having both the original and your new one in the mod.
good point, not quite sure how well they fit together cuz I hadnt considered mixim them, gonna have a listen xD
Also, while you're at it, do you think you could do something about this issue? Fits right in! ;)
definitely! gonna check it out

good point, not quite sure how well they fit together cuz I hadnt considered mixim them, gonna have a listen xD
You wouldn't hear them both at the same time anyway. I think there are a few other nations with multiple tracks that don't fit 100% together. :wp

I've been enjoying your music pack for the past week, and I think it's fantastic. It's added much-needed atmosphere to a lot of scenes. One question, though-- are any of the songs by Dead Can Dance? Just curious.

I've been enjoying your music pack for the past week, and I think it's fantastic. It's added much-needed atmosphere to a lot of scenes. One question, though-- are any of the songs by Dead Can Dance? Just curious.
thanks, always happy to hear its appreciated! xD no dead can dance in there, but I did look em up on spotify and theyve def got some cool stuff, so thx for the tip! :fiddler

It's just that some of the combat songs reminded me of Dead Can Dance. I tend to get into a lot of, um, well, tight spots. Occupational hazard, you understand. :dance

It's just that some of the combat songs reminded me of Dead Can Dance. I tend to get into a lot of, um, well, tight spots. Occupational hazard, you understand. :dance
yeah, gotta be the witcher songs, some DCD songs def got the same vibe :fiddler ppl in the caribbean are so stingy, conversations often turn into murder, I totally understand

Two Steps From Hell are another possibility. They make songs for film trailers and such. Lots of sweeping, cinematic scores as you might imagine.

Two Steps From Hell are another possibility. They make songs for film trailers and such. Lots of sweeping, cinematic scores as you might imagine.
gosh, I was pretty much obsessed with Dragon Rider a few years ago xD listened to them a lot when looking for music for different campaigns with my roleplaying group, they work well for intros and outros and epic events, but theyre often a bit bombastic for idle music I find :p but its a good idea, might look at them for some more battlemusic if I grow tired of the ones already in

Inspired by @DeathDaisy, I tried adding a couple of my favourite tavern songs to the game: "Drunken Sailor", "Bully In the Alley", and "Brandy" (yes, the 1972 song by Looking Glass). I may just dive into this modding thing after all...

I've got a few ideas for revamping the Davy Jones storyline. It's just a matter of making the time to do something with it...

Back