• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Amazing mod.... Realistic sailing x4

Milkyway487

Landlubber
Hi love the game... But I would like to mod the game files to allow me to play with realistic sailing but speed it up a bit.
Question 1 is there a "arcade_mode_mult 3;" in the game files for realistic mode, like arcade mode ?

Question 2 if not where is the main file dictating the realistic sailing mod, and do I have to change every ship in the game to do this ?

p.s. If I have to change every ship I will just need a point in the right direction, not new to moding.....

Thanks hope the ? in the right posting area....

Easiest is to just use Time Compression during the game, eg. the [R] and [G] keys.

Ayup. The R and G keys give you x1,x3,x10,x30 time. Is there an x20 in there too? I stop at x10.

It's here alright: seadogs2_0000.jpgseadogs2_0001.jpgseadogs2_0002.jpgseadogs2_0003.jpg :sail:pflag
Ayup. The R and G keys give you x1,x3,x10,x30 time. Is there an x20 in there too? I stop at x10.
Yeah, I say there should be a x20. :D

There indeed IS a 20x time compression as per Beta 3.1; I added that when I was messing around with the time-scale code.

Oh good:onya..the setting's details about that are not updated then. (See pics above - Beta 3.2)

Yea I know about that thanks though. I'm looking to have completely realistic game play but just with reload and ship speed much faster for the player and the ai.
right now I have the game set to arcade and 4x turn and 4x forward motion. but I would like to set it up with all the realistic restrictions just turn and forward motion changed. all I need is a hint in the right direction. looked though all the files cant find the ones pertaining too realistic sailing.

Question if I mod all the ships in the game files would that directly alter the realistic mode ?

Umm yes that should do it although there are other ship class modifiers. In shipsinit.c look for refShip.RigType = sDet. This is the rigging type for a frigate. Different rig types give different ship handling, but I don't know where the file that defines that is.

Thanks ill start looking around... and it doesn't contradict im just looking for the realistic sailing restrictions such as type of ship, how it handles in the wind, no fast travel and so on to be full implemented but much faster. Speed key "r" 4x - 30x is nice but really clunky and breaks the monument if you will. If a battle in history takes 1 hour then in a game that should be about 15mins or so..... Thanks for the fast responses

In PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIShip.c find:
Code:
// NK switch to using defines -->
   if (iRealismMode == 0)
   {
     arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ = ARCADE_MULT_SPEED * stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ);
     arCharShip.MaxSpeedY =   ARCADE_MULT_TURN* stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedY);
   }
// NK <--
Replace with:
Code:
// NK switch to using defines -->
//   if (iRealismMode == 0) // <-------- CHANGE ON THIS LINE <----------
//   { // <-------- CHANGE ON THIS LINE <----------
     arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ = ARCADE_MULT_SPEED * stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedZ);
     arCharShip.MaxSpeedY =   ARCADE_MULT_TURN* stf(arCharShip.MaxSpeedY);
//   } // <-------- CHANGE ON THIS LINE <----------
// NK <--
This will make the ARCADE_MULT_SPEED and ARCADE_MULT_TURN values from PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h always take effect, also in Realistic Game Mode.

Similarly, in PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AICannon.c find:
Code:
float Cannon_GetFireTime()
{
   aref aCharacter = GetEventData();

float fCannonSkill = stf(aCharacter.TmpSkill.Cannons);
   float fFireTime = 1.3 - fCannonSkill;
   fFireTime = fFireTime * Bring2RangeNoCheck(3.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0, stf(aCharacter.Ship.Crew.MinRatio));
   fFireTime = frnd() * fFireTime * 6.0;
   if(iRealismMode == 0) { fFireTime = fFireTime * ARCADE_MULT_CANNONS; } // NK
   aCharacter.canfiretime = fFireTime; // NK 05-04-18
   return fFireTime;
}
Replace with:
Code:
float Cannon_GetFireTime()
{
   aref aCharacter = GetEventData();

float fCannonSkill = stf(aCharacter.TmpSkill.Cannons);
   float fFireTime = 1.3 - fCannonSkill;
   fFireTime = fFireTime * Bring2RangeNoCheck(3.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0, stf(aCharacter.Ship.Crew.MinRatio));
   fFireTime = frnd() * fFireTime * 6.0;
   fFireTime = fFireTime * ARCADE_MULT_CANNONS; // NK // <-------- CHANGE ON THIS LINE <----------
   aCharacter.canfiretime = fFireTime; // NK 05-04-18
   return fFireTime;
}

Oh good:onya..the setting's details about that are not updated then. (See pics above - Beta 3.2)
Good point. I don't think a longer description would fit on the screen though. :facepalm

Thank god I came back, and took another look thanks so much perfect. don't get lag got a epic pc 4.5ghz water cooled and so on..

Back