• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Ambient/seashore folder empty

robinzon

Powder Monkey
After a long time I reinstalled this game (inspired by recent rewatch of the movies - yes Elizabeth/Will still annoys me, lol) and noticed there was something wrong with sound. I remember there being ambient sounds when anchored near shore, for example hearing birds and other things. Now there is nothing. These sounds were really the thing that made POTC stand above AoP2 for me, the immersion they gave me.

It turns out my RESOURCE/SOUND/AMBIENT/SEASHORE folder is empty even after a new and clean install of the game. How is it possible that the install procedure created a folder, but left it empty instead of putting files into it?

How can I get these missing files?

:ahoy

Hehe. You have it even worse than I do. I just looked and there are 3 .wav files in there. Fanfare, fanfare2, and steam engine. o_O

What do trumpets and a steam engine chugging along have to do with a seashore? :nerbz

I just looked and there are 3 .wav files in there. Fanfare, fanfare2, and steam engine. o_O
Same in my own game folder.
And I'm pretty darn sure my game folder is a fully correct install of the Saturday 7 January 2017 version of the mod, so that's nothing to worry about. :doff

If you stand on deck, near the coast, you will hear birds. I think they stop singing
when you goes to land.:bird:

Back