1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Fixed Ambrose Bricenos Harassment.

Discussion in 'Bug Archive' started by Redbeard, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Redbeard

Redbeard Sailor

Ambrose Bricenos offers a quest in a tavern where he asks if you have 'the stomach for it'. Basically its go to somebody's house and kill them.

Not a big issue yeah? Except that he WILL NOT leave you alone. Every time you enter that tavern in Sao Jorge he will come at you, forcing you to tell him that you don't want to do it, over and over again. Every single time he asks as soon as you enter. Coming up to your charactor and forcing a conversation that you have had a hundred times. :p

Particularly annoying when you have another quest in the tavern and try to enter say... the room upstairs, and its locked because he hasn't talked to you.

On the off chance that you havn't had the pleasure of dealing with this individual, I've included a save. Don't worry! As soon as you load in he will harass you. I've dealt with him before in this save, and told him I don't want his blood money. :p

Needless to say he REALLY wants his target dead.

More persistant than a telemarketer. :p

*EDIT* July 28th 4.1 Beta Wip build. Still playing campaign. Havn't tried in the Sept. 23rd build.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  2. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
    You can probably blame me for this one. I tried to make that sidequest restartable after you passed upon the opportunity the first time.
    He's supposed to just wander around the tavern for you to initiate dialog again. Apparently that doesn't work.

Thanks for the report and the save. Will be investigated.

Redbeard and Levis like this.
  3. Grey Roger

Grey Roger Sea Dog Staff Member Storm Modder

I wonder if the problem is that this line is part of the commented out block:
    Code:
    /*   DeleteEnterLocationQuest("Conceicao_tavern", "Hit_start_check");
    Maybe that means the start check is still active, so the next time you enter the tavern, the quest starts again.

Redbeard and Pieter Boelen like this.
  4. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

5. Grey Roger

In that case, @Redbeard, try putting this into "PROGRAM\QUESTS" and see if it makes Ambroz Bricenos a little less persistent.

Attached Files:

Redbeard, Tingyun and Pieter Boelen like this.
  6. Redbeard

Redbeard Sailor

Many thanks! I'll see if I can test it once I get some more play time. :)

Pieter Boelen likes this.
  7. Levis

Levis Find(Rum) = false; Staff Member Programmer Creative Support Storm Modder

ICT
  8. Redbeard

Redbeard Sailor

Not really. Got distracted with other games. :( Is this for the July 28th build or the Sept. 23rd? I ask because I posted a save for the 28th, but have both installed.

9. Levis

ICT
    it should probably work in both but I suggest trying it in sept 23

10. Grey Roger

It should work in either - it's just a one-line tweak to the side quest control file so that a line which was commented out isn't any more. Try it on that savegame in the 28th July version and if it works, copy the file into the 23rd September build as well.

11. Levis

ICT
    I would like to hear a confirmation from someone it works as you said you weren't able to test it ingame

12. Redbeard

Redbeard Sailor

Sheesh. Remind me not to volunteer to test anything. :p

Confirmed working July 28th. Will test Sept. 23rd in a few hours.

Levis likes this.
  13. Pieter Boelen

Thanks for confirming! :cheers

Redbeard likes this.
  14. Grey Roger

Resurrecting this thread to note that there was another problem with the code to make Ambroz Bricenos stay there after you decline his offer, so you can later talk to him again and accept it. I tried that - initially declined, then later talked to Ambroz again and accepted. When I went to see Mateus Santos, his dialog was the default one as if you have a contract from him already in progress. OK, maybe the contract on Ambroz had been triggered prematurely, so I went to Leviathan Rock, and Ambroz Bricenos wasn't there. He was still in Sao Jorge tavern.

Ambroz's dialog is set to resume at case "wetjob2", which is where he offers the job, and the dialog ends by triggering quest case "Hit_start1". That contains this line:
    Code:
    LAi_ActorGoToLocation(CharacterFromID("Ambroz Bricenos"), "reload", "reload1", "Conceicao_shore_02", "goto", "citizen06", "Hit_start2", 3.0);
    In the normal way of things, Ambroz Bricenos is in "Actor" mode because he's just initiated a dialog with you. But if you refuse, he goes into "Citizen" mode so that you can initiate dialog with him. If he's in "Citizen" mode then that 'LAi_ActorGoToLocation' command doesn't work, which means "Hit_Start2" isn't triggered. And that's the bit which sets up a trigger for Mateus Santos to introduce himself properly when you enter his house.

Solution: replace this:
    Code:
    LAi_ActorGoToLocation(CharacterFromID("Ambroz Bricenos"), "reload", "reload1", "Conceicao_shore_02", "goto", "citizen06", "Hit_start2", 3.0);
    with this:
    Code:
    LAi_SetActorType(CharacterFromID("Ambroz Bricenos"));
    LAi_ActorGoToLocation(CharacterFromID("Ambroz Bricenos"), "reload", "reload1", "Conceicao_shore_02", "goto", "citizen06", "Hit_start2", 10.0);
    The added 'LAi_SetActorType' line puts him in the right mode to accept the 'LAi_ActorGoToLocation' command. And he has more time to get to the door in case there are other people in the tavern blocking his way. (First time I tried it after adding the 'LAi_SetActorType' line, he waited briefly, then teleported to the door and disappeared. I wish I could do that when I need to leave a crowded room in real life. xD)

DeathDaisy and Pieter Boelen like this.