• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Ambrose Bricenos Harassment.

Redbeard

Sailor
Ambrose Bricenos offers a quest in a tavern where he asks if you have 'the stomach for it'. Basically its go to somebody's house and kill them.

Not a big issue yeah? Except that he WILL NOT leave you alone. Every time you enter that tavern in Sao Jorge he will come at you, forcing you to tell him that you don't want to do it, over and over again. Every single time he asks as soon as you enter. Coming up to your charactor and forcing a conversation that you have had a hundred times. :p

Particularly annoying when you have another quest in the tavern and try to enter say... the room upstairs, and its locked because he hasn't talked to you.

On the off chance that you havn't had the pleasure of dealing with this individual, I've included a save. Don't worry! As soon as you load in he will harass you. I've dealt with him before in this save, and told him I don't want his blood money. :p

Needless to say he REALLY wants his target dead.

More persistant than a telemarketer. :p

*EDIT* July 28th 4.1 Beta Wip build. Still playing campaign. Havn't tried in the Sept. 23rd build.

Attachments

• -=Campaign=-bug.zip
    864.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
You can probably blame me for this one. I tried to make that sidequest restartable after you passed upon the opportunity the first time.
He's supposed to just wander around the tavern for you to initiate dialog again. Apparently that doesn't work.

Thanks for the report and the save. Will be investigated.

I wonder if the problem is that this line is part of the commented out block:
Code:
/*   DeleteEnterLocationQuest("Conceicao_tavern", "Hit_start_check");
Maybe that means the start check is still active, so the next time you enter the tavern, the quest starts again.

Not really. Got distracted with other games. :( Is this for the July 28th build or the Sept. 23rd? I ask because I posted a save for the 28th, but have both installed.

Not really. Got distracted with other games. :( Is this for the July 28th build or the Sept. 23rd? I ask because I posted a save for the 28th, but have both installed.
it should probably work in both but I suggest trying it in sept 23

It should work in either - it's just a one-line tweak to the side quest control file so that a line which was commented out isn't any more. Try it on that savegame in the 28th July version and if it works, copy the file into the 23rd September build as well.

I would like to hear a confirmation from someone it works as you said you weren't able to test it ingame

Sheesh. Remind me not to volunteer to test anything. :p

Confirmed working July 28th. Will test Sept. 23rd in a few hours.

Resurrecting this thread to note that there was another problem with the code to make Ambroz Bricenos stay there after you decline his offer, so you can later talk to him again and accept it. I tried that - initially declined, then later talked to Ambroz again and accepted. When I went to see Mateus Santos, his dialog was the default one as if you have a contract from him already in progress. OK, maybe the contract on Ambroz had been triggered prematurely, so I went to Leviathan Rock, and Ambroz Bricenos wasn't there. He was still in Sao Jorge tavern.

Ambroz's dialog is set to resume at case "wetjob2", which is where he offers the job, and the dialog ends by triggering quest case "Hit_start1". That contains this line:
Code:
LAi_ActorGoToLocation(CharacterFromID("Ambroz Bricenos"), "reload", "reload1", "Conceicao_shore_02", "goto", "citizen06", "Hit_start2", 3.0);
In the normal way of things, Ambroz Bricenos is in "Actor" mode because he's just initiated a dialog with you. But if you refuse, he goes into "Citizen" mode so that you can initiate dialog with him. If he's in "Citizen" mode then that 'LAi_ActorGoToLocation' command doesn't work, which means "Hit_Start2" isn't triggered. And that's the bit which sets up a trigger for Mateus Santos to introduce himself properly when you enter his house.

Solution: replace this:
Code:
LAi_ActorGoToLocation(CharacterFromID("Ambroz Bricenos"), "reload", "reload1", "Conceicao_shore_02", "goto", "citizen06", "Hit_start2", 3.0);
with this:
Code:
LAi_SetActorType(CharacterFromID("Ambroz Bricenos"));
LAi_ActorGoToLocation(CharacterFromID("Ambroz Bricenos"), "reload", "reload1", "Conceicao_shore_02", "goto", "citizen06", "Hit_start2", 10.0);
The added 'LAi_SetActorType' line puts him in the right mode to accept the 'LAi_ActorGoToLocation' command. And he has more time to get to the door in case there are other people in the tavern blocking his way. (First time I tried it after adding the 'LAi_SetActorType' line, he waited briefly, then teleported to the door and disappeared. I wish I could do that when I need to leave a crowded room in real life. xD)

Back