• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Awaiting Info Ambushes and tavernbrawls

vojtaniz

Powder Monkey
Sometimes I get into a tavernbrawl or I am recognised by someone who says I am a Pirate. In the second case, it also damages my reputation. The ringing bell sound meaning an ambush or a tavernbrawl sounds, but nobody appears. If it happens in a tavern, everybody stands up, and I canť talk to anybody. Happened already in Cartagena first tavern, Speightstown port, Port Royale tavern, and few other places. I have attached the save just after an "ambush" in a tavern in Port Royale.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Jamaica. Port Royale tavern January 15th, 1756.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 132
Which exact modpack version? Please mention the number and date too.

A Tavern brawl should generate a bunch of enemies for sure.
Being recognised as a pirate does not as far as I remember, but it should turn everyone hostile.

please also include a compile.log from when this happened :).

Doesn't sound like it.

He's reporting two independent issues:
1. No enemies appear when a Tavern Brawl is triggered; I find this very strange, but could perhaps happen if there are too many characters already loaded in the location (???)
2. Something with being recognized as a pirate (I'm not clear on what the actual problem is there)

@vojtaniz could you try to trigger something like this again and post the compile.log file afterwards?

Doesn't sound like it.

He's reporting two independent issues:
1. No enemies appear when a Tavern Brawl is triggered; I find this very strange, but could perhaps happen if there are too many characters already loaded in the location (???)
2. Something with being recognized as a pirate (I'm not clear on what the actual problem is there)

Problem is this: Somebody starts talking to me, says that I am a pirate. In the top left corner, text "ALARM, AN AMBUSH!" appears. I would expect some enemies to fight, but nothing happens and since then, I can't talk to anybody in that location.

Problem is this: Somebody starts talking to me, says that I am a pirate. In the top left corner, text "ALARM, AN AMBUSH!" appears. I would expect some enemies to fight, but nothing happens and since then, I can't talk to anybody in that location.
PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Enc_Walker.c this is the code that gets triggered:
Code:
    case "alarm":
       if (NPChar.sex == "man") NPChar.greeting = "Gr_alarm_m";
       else NPChar.greeting = "Gr_alarm_f";
       LAi_CharacterPlaySound(NPChar, NPChar.greeting);
       PlaySound("AMBIENT\TOWN\Alarm.wav");//MAXIMUS: town's alarm-bell
       LAi_group_SetRelation(LAI_DEFAULT_GROUP, LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, LAI_GROUP_ENEMY);
       LAi_group_SetRelation(LAI_GROUP_GUARDS, LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, LAI_GROUP_ENEMY);
       LAi_group_SetRelation(GetCurrentCitizenGroup(), LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, LAI_GROUP_ENEMY); // ccc Dec 05 alerts locals
       Ambush("Soldiers", 4, LAI_GROUP_ENEMY, LAI_GROUP_NEUTRAL, ""); // 4 cops attack you

ChangeCharacterReputation(PChar, -3);
       Diag.CurrentNode = "get_out";
       DialogExit();
     break;
I can think of no reason why that shouldn't work though. :confused:

Here is the new save with the compile log just after the ambush happened.

Attachments

• compile.log
    282.2 KB · Views: 150
  • -=Player=- Hispaniola. Jungle March 13th, 1756.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 159
I just have the same bug, so here are my logs, a big error log.
It was not a tavern brawl, but related I think. At the moment
I put my foot at Port Royal harbor, the guards got crazy, starting
to kill all naval officers around.
Maybe the good old friend @Levis mentioned in post5.

Attachments

• error.log
    12.3 KB · Views: 160
  • compile.log
    46.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
If you mean the Execute console command triggered by F12, I have tried it many times, doesn't help.
Add the line @Pieter Boelen posted to the console.c file after this
Code:
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;

then use F12 to execute it ingame

Back