• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An ambitious project

Bartolomeu, had you seen my post above yours? Any preference on which of the three and which one for which character?
Otherwise I'll just assign the three of them randomly.

Sure thing! At the moment, I've got:
Rio del Plata using SP_ApostolFelipe (reused in two storylines, so she'd better look really good!)
La Galiza using SP_ApostolFelipe (maybe use GaleonW instead for variety's sake?)
San Pablo using SP_Galeon50 (appears she's already used elsewhere in your storyline; maybe use SP_Pinnace50 instead?)

What about a FastGalleon? I made the effort to slightly improve that ship recently, because Hylie wanted it to work in TOOL.
The bow wave is still slightly off, but she's more detailed than either of the stock PotC galleons. I still need to upload the modified hull.

We can put them to use somewhere, I'm sure.
Actually, I was thinking that once the ship clean-up is completed, I'd like to go through all quest ship uses, find the ones using boring stock game models and try to put some of our newer, better ships to good use instead. :cheeky

That would be a good idea, yes. As long as we don't go overboard senselessly replacing ships with completely different custom models. :wacko:

Nah; the idea is to use a better-quality equivalent model. I'm going to need some help with that though; we've already established that my knowledge of historical accuracy isn't the greatest. :wp

Sure; when we get to that, I'll post some suggestions and you've got the final say, of course.

Nah; the idea is to use a better-quality equivalent model. I'm going to need some help with that though; we've already established that my knowledge of historical accuracy isn't the greatest. :wp
Indeed... :rolleyes:

I'm glad we agree on that one! :rofl
Seriously, it's a good thing we've got people here who DO know, otherwise things would get reeeaaal messy. :razz

Hehe, we'll certainly try not to let that happen. :cheeky
I have to admit though that even my 'knowledge' on the subject is more like educated guesswork, but with at least two heads we can't go far wrong... in theory. :mm

We are all gentlemen in this post. xD:

To Pieter : i sent you right now to your hotmail, a file for your next update.

Here's your tunnel loading screen, Bartolomeu: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_b2_wip/Town_Cartagena_Tunnel.tga.7z

Edit: Just for your information, the face portrait numbers are taken by Jack Rackham's new storyline all the way up to face_537; therefore I am changing your face portrait numbers to 538 and 539.

The video is only for showing a feature I'll use in the Cartagena quest (so don't put it in the Buildmod, Pieter).
It's about the duel I want to do on a mast. The scene will take place at night and there will be people fighting on the deck while you fight the Spanish captain.

The screenshot shows the player approaching the galleon he'll capture. I've had to make a character patch up to the ship. I'll put a locator on the hull and when the player reaches it he'll automatically climb the ship. The scene will take place at night and the player will have some crewmembers swimming with him.

Attachments

• swimming.jpg
    swimming.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 183
Wow, that's absolutely awesome! I'm posting that picture and video so people might get interested. I sure am! :woot

Don't worry, in this quest you'll have some action :ixi and I'm preparing a beautiful firework for the fort attack :cheeky

Good, good, very good!

I've posted your screenshot and video on the Facebook page, Youtube and the ModDB profile; let's see if people find the concept interesting.
They should, of course. Because it IS interesting. You see so many swordfights on yardarms in films, so it'll be awesome to have it in the game too, even if just once!
You even managed to make it possible to walk on the yardarms, which goes even further than what I saw in Jack Rackham's storyline with the swordfights on the roofs in the Nevis pirate settlement.

Thanks Pieter. :onya
I think the players will love this new feature. And I'm lucky because the character patch is perfect for the yardarms.

By the way, i will be interested in playing the Jack Rackham' storyline. :yes

Back