• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An ambitious project

Very nice! How will the player know what spot to use to start the climbing though?

BTW: For the ship going up and down, messing up the scene, it should be possible to set the wave height in the location to 0.0:
Code:
Locations[n].MaxSeaHeight = 0.0;
That should stop all waves and therefore minimize any movement of the ship. :doff

BTW: For the ship going up and down, messing up the scene, it should be possible to set the wave height in the location to 0.0:
Thanks for that, exactly what i needed at the moment. :doff

Is there any other things you want to do that I don't know about? Maybe I can point you in the right direction for some other things too?
If I'd have known you wanted to do something like that before, I would've told you already! :razz

Very nice! How will the player know what spot to use to start the climbing though?
I'll give some help in a quest text, just before the player starts swimming.
Code:
That should stop all waves and therefore minimize any movement of the ship. :doff
Excellent! That should improve the scene. :onya

I just want to say Jack Rackham made a puzzle for the last quest of this storyline. Only solving the puzzle will allow the player to enter the tunnel connecting the Cartagena town to the San Felipe fort.

Thanks again Jack! :dance

Attachments

• Secret Passage door.jpg
    Secret Passage door.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 197
hi and thanks for your story, i enjoyed it a lot, the movie you captured was very interesting specially the mission impossible :p

bugs:
i see this in woods roger quest too, the gamble quest, when you play over a girl really ruin the game :S, every time i finish a quest i must quite go and see quest logs to see what should i do the next time. it dose not let you see some of the other quests :S.

in some places you should place emilio as your officer, the game don't do it automatically and quest don't goes on if emilio don't talk to you (i read all quest reaction to see what should i do everytime :p) as a example when you find 10 gold chest in deserted shore. another example is when you are suppose to capture a prize ship from spain , in that level with a old lugger i couldn't do anything, even if you set your game difficulty to very easy. emilio suppose to be immortal and be your officer but he wont show up :S.

well i tried to be smart and removed equipments of Elting :|. later in aztec treasure quest when you jump and must fight the fantom soldiers he will die in 2 hit and quest remain unsolvable, i added 3 line of equipping stuffs to him and this time he didn't die at all for some unknown reason :O.
when you are attacking the fort with Elting if you kill all spain soldier very quickly the fight dose not start automatically, i must sheath my weapon so Elting talk to me first.
in Antigua if you don't kill all soldiers and enter any building (you can't enter second bedroom of admiral place since its locked) your game is screwed, and you won't be able to continue the game, phantom soldiers are not there any more (obviously).

same problem happened when i come out of cellar after capturing paymaker, Captain Montbars have a very low hp and die in a few second. i forced to use cheat (A,D key so i can reach the enemy faster than Captain Montbars).

all assassination stuff don't work correctly, the poisoned knife don't kill any one (also they are phantom for some reason they don't die in 1 hit :S) i should join in melee all the time and it increased the chance of raising alarm. alarm only raised when enemy hit you. well i am sure you know this part already but maybe its only in my game so i said it again.

what i think should be added:
when you are supposed to find Captain Montbars you almost have no clue if you should search EVERY place in every shore or not, again i forced to use quest reaction, specially now that finding shores need exploration, there should be a hint or something that for example someone saw Captain Montbars somewhere in jungle.

another suggestion: you and jack should work together on a ONE project, i think the weakness and strength of you two combined make a great storyline, with puzzles and a lot of actions ;).

question: cartagena quest is ready? i see the quest in reaction but can't find the quest log.

thanks again for your great storyline :p

Some of the content for the Cartagena quest is already in the game files, but it's only on standby until it is finished for real.

Bartolomeu and Jack Rackham ARE working together! Jack wrote a puzzle for the end of the Bartolomeu quest. :yes

Hello Omega,

After finishing the main quest, I will play the entire main quest to check if I can improve the gameplay. Of course, if I agree with some of your suggestions, I'll include them.

btw i can help you as a tester if you want to, checking things, (its what i do already but i mean some specific point that is new and need to be checked with more details) just tell me what parts need more testings, in doing so i can learn how to make quest and storyline too witch is very helpful for myself.
question: is the story based on real history?

The story is based on a very few real historic facts. But, in its great part it's something I imagined.
A good way to learn how to make a storyline is to check the code of the smallest storylines (devlin main quests for instance...)
About testing, as I said, I prefer to finish the main quest first and avoid to delay it with another tasks. We'll make some tests later (end of this year I think)

To Jack Rackham :

Of course, I agree to work with you someday. After finishing my economics studies a looonnnng time ago, I think I'm going to come back to University and study from October until next Summer some computer sciences and these languages : C and C++, Java and PhP. So, I'll have more knowledge for my future work on the BuildMod.

Sounds good! I have a lot of free time. For a full time job I have to teach mathematics only 18 hours/week but also 2 very unfinished quest to complete before I can start anything new.

These next weeks, i want to finish the Cartagena quest for the Bartolomeu storyline and start the last one for the Assassin storyline. Afterwards, I was thinking I could try to make a fake multiplayer mod for POTC.

About the VCO location I use for Cartagena, I was thinking I could add there a slave market seeing the town was known to have the largest one in the New World.
Thus, I could add in the story the possibility for Bartolomeu to free someone.:unsure
I've got a cage model from sketchup, I could use for the market.
cage.jpg

Back