• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Planned Feature Add inside to Ancient Temple on Hispaniola

Dextr

Sailor
The player can't access the Temple in the jungle (with a plenty of natives around). Is it intentional?

Yes it is intentional. You will see the rest of the temple later in the game if you are playing the Sea Hawk storyline.

Huh? You're referring to the one on Cozumel, don't you? That's the point - it's the one on Hispaniola, came across it just recently and was quite surprized.

Is that a copy of the Cozumel one? Didn't even know that was there.
Perhaps @Bartolomeu o Portugues can make use of it for his next story. Either that or replace it with something that isn't a copy of something else.

Yes. It is a surprise and can be a nasty one.

Can you be a bit more specific on this one? You said Hawk's storyline. But as far as I know, the story ends with the player talking to Danielle bout the future plans in Kingston. Is there somethnig else to that story? Do you mean the temple becomes available after finishing the main quest?

Is that a copy of the Cozumel one? Didn't even know that was there.

Aye, that's exactly what I though when I first stumbled across it:D

Perhaps @Bartolomeu o Portugues can make use of it for his next story. Either that or replace it with something that isn't a copy of something else.

Next story says you? That's great to hear, since I abandoned it after a stub with the crew rescue in the previous update, but since that has been addressed I think I'll return to it.

Heh. Now I can't remember if that temple is on Hispaniola or not. Methinks it is Hispaniola but it could be Puerto Rico. I have stumbled across it accidentally when on treasure quests. It has no story attached to it that I know of. What I do know is that I have died a few times there if I go there with too low of a level.

There is nothing special to do on Cozumel after the standard storyline is over.

I already have a new kind of temple. Just need to confirm there is no problem to convert it into gm format.
That's what I thought. You might want to consider placing it on Hispaniola then to replace this one.

I'd prefer to have unique resources for the maya quest and not make copy of them to be found in another part of the archipelago. For Hispaniola, I could look for another temple model.

I mean that you need new locations anyway.
You might as well put one of them on Hispaniola where the chopped Temple is right now.
Saves you the trouble of finding a place to put your new Temple.
Otherwise this current one might as well not exist at all since it serves no purpose.

Saves you the trouble of finding a place to put your new Temple.
I already have the location for the temple used in the maya quest. It's a glade in the location I showed you (Do you remember the screenshots with the bridges? )
Edit: About Hispaniola why not let it as it is?

Since there are natives all over the place already, why not let them have a temple? It actually does not make sense for them to be everywhere but only have that one huge complex at Cozumel. It's a nice Easter egg.

Just seems a bit useless to have a "special" location without it serving much of any purpose.
But I suppose there is no harm in it being there either. I didn't even know about it until this week, for one thing. :)

We can give it a purpose later probally. I dont mind it being there. I believe no inside is mapped atm right? Maybe we could use the interiour of bartolomeu later for this one?

So I was thinking. If we add a nice room to the inside of this location maybe we could make a little summoning ritual there for neptunes trident?
I saw a location which was a round temple room, that one might be nice to use here?

Round temple room? Wha's that?

Neptune and an ancient temple? That would work if the temple is Greek, but a Mayincatec one sounds rather odd.

That being said, if there is a temple then it must serve *some* purpose. Otherwise it might as well not be there.

Hmm.. In the vanilla game you could aquire a rubin that improved your sword-fighting.. I think it increased damage and block a bit.. we could reuse it for this? Though, we should maybe make the effect stronger, as in the stock game, the effect was hardly noticable, but therefore, you could buy that rubin from street merchants.. so if we hide this stone inside a temple full of monsters, I think we can make this rubin quite powerful^^

In ican lore there is talk about a god called Viracocha. Some believe he is one of the survivors of the great flood of atlantis. His name translated means "foam of the sea". It's oftend depicted that Atlantis worshiped Posseidon. So I don't think it's such a leap to have to summon the Viracocha and make him give posseidons trident.

Yes I have a book full or incan and mayan lore next to my bed :p.

Back