• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Another problem

reliant121

Landlubber
I swear this game hates me.

After having moved everything I've had to start the quest again due to corrupted save files. Thats okay, Don't mind that.

Now, however, I am unable to finish the final smuggling quest. I take the cargo to the trader in Saint Martin and do the exchange. I have all the tobacco in my cargo hold as normal. I then travel to see the trader at the buccannneer camp on Hispaniola and....he acts as if the mission has not been completed. He gives you the "What are you doing here?" line with the response "sorry, my mistake".

Any ideas?

Can you double-check you still have all the cargo for him in your cargo hold?

Just checked and it's definitely there. Could it be that I haven't got enough space in my cargo hold to take the goods? How much tobacco should I have? (as I had 150 units)

You must have 160 units, otherwise it won't work. What modpack version are you using and are you using the original storyline ship or have you got a different one now?

Is there a check in the dialog to not allow you to continue with the quest if you dont have space Pieter? :?

No. If you don't have space, the code will fill up your hold as far as possible and then the quest locks up when you don't have enough later.

You must have 160 units, otherwise it won't work. What modpack version are you using and are you using the original storyline ship or have you got a different one now?

I'm assuming that would be build and patch number, in which case it's build 14 patch version 6. I have the original ship but I have gone and made a killing in some dashing attacks on big ships. I will try and lose some cargo.

Did you loot some cargo from other ships? We tried to set things up so it works if you go straight there, but there's no fail-saves in place (yet) to prevent things from going wrong if you don't.

*le sigh* it appears that it probably happened before then. I looked at my cargo hold on the trip to Marigot and the cinnamon which I think was meant to be there was not. Yet the deal still worked. And I ended up with a load of cinnamon after the deal in Marigot.

Looks like i might have to start again.

well i have 168 and i have beta 2 and it still doesnt work :shrug

You have to have at least 170 tobacco for Eugene Martin to talk to you and offer to sell you the ship - ( if you don't have enough money he will give you 10 days to get the money).

If you don't have enough of the goods Eugene wants then all you get in the dialog is " ...."

If you are unsure how much of the goods are needed check the walkthrough here ---- >>> http://piratewiki.net/index.php?title=Bartolomeu_o_Portuguese_Walkthrough

:drunk

Back