1. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  3. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

4. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Unconfirmed Bug Antigua fixed

Discussion in 'Build Mod Bug Tracker' started by Grey Roger, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:18 PM.

1. Grey Roger

Grey Roger Sea Dog Staff Member Storm Modder

One area of Antigua, specifically the area where you find Francis Drake's sword if you've completed the "Find Angelique Moulin's Father" sidequest, appears to lead to an area where you're stuck. Once there, you can't get out again by walking to any road end.

In fact the locators in "Antigua_Jungle_01" are set so that "reload1" loops back to "reload2", and vice versa. You aren't going to another location from which there is no escape, you're going back to "Antigua_Jungle_01". But teleporting back to the same location then seems to break the auto-teleport. You can still get out by going to a road end and pressing the spacebar.

This version of "Antigua.c" has a new location, "Antigua_Jungle_03", which acts as a bridge between those reloads. Now "reload1" leads to one end of "Antigua_Jungle_03", "reload2" leads to the other end, and the locators in "Antigua_Jungle_03" lead back to "Antigua_Jungle_01". As you're not teleporting to the same area any more, auto-teleport isn't broken.

Attached Files:

Pieter Boelen likes this.
  2. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
    Nice one, @Grey Roger! :onya

I recall we had a "broken reload" before that worked similar to what I understand from your description.
    But that went wrong because it pointed to a non-existing location ID. :facepalm

3. Jack Rackham

Jack Rackham HoO Team Member Quest Writer Storm Modder

math teacher
    I have recently also added another "Antigua_Jungle_03" but not right here, because I needed a new exit to a quest location.

What if I replace your 2-way "Antigua_Jungle_03" with a 3-way jungle location and by that getting my extra exit.
    Your fix would still be there.

So only one new location and 2 fixes.

4. Grey Roger

Yes, that could work.

Note that it's possible to rewrite reloads within your storyline code. I did a lot of that in "Ardent" - for example, you'll only be able to see "House of Gilbert Downing" or the Port au Prince archives when playing that storyline, as the reloads to those areas are only set up in "StartStoryline.c". So, within your "StartStoryline.c", have something like:
    Code:
       Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_Jungle_01")].reload.l1.name = "reload1";
       Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_Jungle_01")].reload.l1.go = "Quest_Antigua_Jungle_03";
       Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_Jungle_01")].reload.l1.emerge = "reload2";
       Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_Jungle_01")].reload.l1.autoreload = "1";
       Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_Jungle_01")].locators_radius.reload.reload1 = 4;

Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_Jungle_01")].reload.l4.name = "reload2";
       Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_Jungle_01")].reload.l4.go = "Quest_Antigua_Jungle_03";
       Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_Jungle_01")].reload.l4.emerge = "reload1";
       Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_Jungle_01")].reload.l4.autoreload = "1";
       Locations[FindLocation("Antigua_Jungle_01")].locators_radius.reload.reload2 = 4;

Then have "Quest_Antigua_Jungle_03" set up in your "QuestLocations.c", and you can do whatever you like to it without affecting any other storyline.

The whole idea of having "reload1" and "reload2" in "Antigua_Jungle_01" link to each other was presumably so that there are no roads with inactive locators at the end - you could go to the end of the road and go somewhere, even if it was only round to another locator in the same area. I picked an area with only two exits so as to avoid creating a location with a road to nowhere. If you leave that location as it is, and reroute "reload1" and "reload2" to point to your own version within your storyline, then the third exit only appears in your storyline. And that is the only time that exit will go anywhere.

Pieter Boelen likes this.
  5. Jack Rackham

math teacher
    Sure. I know.

I'm not going to leave an exit to nowhere - hate those. The third exit from my new "Quest_Antigua_Jungle_03"
    will lead to a jungle location that looks like a town exit. The gate will be closed if not in WoodesRogers. I think it's more realistic
    with the location there all the time - just locked if not in use. Also it may trigger the interest for my quest as the label at the closed gate will be:
    "Only in WoodesRogers quest".

6. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
    I'm just wondering now how many empty jungle locations will end up being on Antigua! :rofl

7. Grey Roger

That is potentially even worse than an exit to nowhere. What happens if someone else then wants to use that as an entry to a town for a different quest, whether a different storyline or a sidequest?

8. Jack Rackham

math teacher
    You got a point there - some people do such things.