• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Aop 2 coas can't run

Iras5alg

Landlubber
Hi I got a problem with coas, it gives an error (The method call is invalid For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value) after loading the modules then the engine.exe stops working. I have attached the system log and my pc specs are:

Cpu: Amd A10-5800k 3.8ghz 4core
Gpu: Ati Radeon HD 7850
Ram: 8GB

plus i have the latest drivers and also have done many fresh installs of the game and it always gives me the same error, right now is installed out of the program files folder. Also I'd like to mention that it used to play fine on my old pc but it won't since the upgrade.

Attachments

• system.log
    277 bytes · Views: 199
But you should only times Windows7 64 bit to 32 bit switch at startup. The game is in 32 bit.

Have you installed Microsoft. NET Framework.
Important is still what graphics card you have.

Jan: Hi, the graphics card is Ati radeon 7850 HD and yes I have installed .Net framework as for the Windows 7 I used to play coas on my older pc with Windows 7 64bit

Hylie: Hi, I even tried with both versions of tages x32 & x64 still same error...

the error has probaly something to to do with the D3D 'cause same exact error (The method call is invalid For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value) appeared to some in Left 4 Dead at Steam forums and the workaround from steam was to enable D3D in dxdiag or launching the game with -dxlevel 81 command

Hi again, I managed to find the problem and now coas is running fine, it was from the directx. I downloaded the directx sdk and for some weird reason the game was trying to run in software rendering mode.. as soon as I disabled software render the game run fine

Last edited:
Here is an overview the Net Framewors versions you should have the Windows 7 the game runs stable.
für Windows 7
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Language Pack SP1 - Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Language Pack Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended Language Pack Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack Microsoft Corporation

Have you updated your graphics card drivers lately.
If this is the case, then you must have some additional Net Framework newer versions.

It is very important that you have the latest version of DirectX. (DirectX 11)

Last edited:
Back