• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help AOP 2 Internal Driver Error

thats what I meant earlier, I did all that, but still get these errors, and it just happend again, I had to restart as the whole PC froze, all I was doing was browsing the internet

thats what I meant earlier, I did all that, but still get these errors, and it just happend again, I had to restart as the whole PC froze, all I was doing was browsing the internet

did you save the setting and restart the pc directly after? you need to reset for these setting's to take place, and what copy of the game are you using? and what graphic's card?

Yeah I did, I have done this multiple times for over 1-2 months now, I don't know why its doing it. The game is to blame, as this problem happens all the time.

Though I don't know the version of the game im using lol, I thought there was only one.

Yeah I did, I have done this multiple times for over 1-2 months now, I don't know why its doing it. The game is to blame, as this problem happens all the time.

Though I don't know the version of the game im using lol, I thought there was only one.

as in dvd version or digital download or pirated..

The Storm engine based games are very fragile and will crash before other games will. There is nothing wrong with your game. Your computer has a problem managing its virtual memory that is causing COAS to crash. It could be anything from a corrupt registry to a virus.
What system maintenance programs are you using? I use CCleaner and IOBit Advanced System Care 6. They are both free.

I all I use is Avast, I did a scan, nothing was picked up, though I found that even when I try to do a full system scan it crashes due to this.

however, I had noticed it started when I downloaded a music file off youtube, now this site I always use and I have used it since, but I have one file that wont play, and I cant delete it either, soon as I hit delete it will say deleting, but the thing is, that's it, it keeping on going. and the file does not delete.

Though I just assumed that was coincidence.

I all I use is Avast, I did a scan, nothing was picked up, though I found that even when I try to do a full system scan it crashes due to this.

however, I had noticed it started when I downloaded a music file off youtube, now this site I always use and I have used it since, but I have one file that wont play, and I cant delete it either, soon as I hit delete it will say deleting, but the thing is, that's it, it keeping on going. and the file does not delete.

Though I just assumed that was coincidence.[/quohat te]

thats a tad bit weird :popcorn:

Though I just assumed that was coincidence.

http://www.iobit.com/

Wow, great program, thanks, it fixed a load of stuff, my PC health is good again now, it was poor lol, I had like 30 malware threats and over 1000 privacy issues, among other things.

well, I scanned and fixed stuff, however I"still" have this virtual memory problem, it just happened yet again when I did a full system scan for viruses, I did it with Iorbit, and it gets half way done, then I get the box come up, low on memory, shut down these programs, and then the PC does not respond, forcing me to restart it.

ok guys, have an update, AOP is not the only game affected, but also POTC. but that's it, other games work. Seems to be some kind of driver error, re-installs are not working

Ok, open task manager, performance, resource manager, memory. Study it, then start COAS. Then look at it again and see where all of your memory is going.

On PotC, are you getting any of the error logs? Compile.log, error.log and system.log? Anything in those?
We've got the following notes in our FAQ:
I had the typical crash after starting a new game on windows 7 and tried every suggestion under the sun. None worked for me until I found a site (http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-7-922313) which provides a link to the "Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.6" (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=7352).

I downloaded the "ApplicationCompatibilityToolkitSetup.exe". This includes a program called "Compatability Administrator (32-bit)" which has a list of what appears to be every game in existence, including - surprisingly - Pirates of the Caribbean by Akella. The tool seemed to install a fix and after playing the game and restarting my computer the game now works.
The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering - more info]
[OR try a new WIP fix by one of our members here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/intel-graphics-fix.19297/]
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"
- You don't make sure to disable "Safe mode" for Sounds in Config.exe to avoid crashes and graphic freezes
*Note* If you have an Intel card AND an NVidia card in the same laptop, please see this solution to enable the NVidia card for POTC: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/fix-for-intel-graphics-card-problems-laptop-nvidia-users.19956/
Could any of that be related?

no not at all, I get no specific errors, just what you see in my screen shot.

and don't forget, I had these games working before, its only recent they are not, and no changes to my computer were made to my knowledge.

By the looks of the way things are going, im considering a wipe and starting over.

I think for all of the above, you wouldn't get specific errors other than what you show.
I suspect it is some sort of software update or something that messed it up. Doesn't make sense otherwise.
Especially not with both games affected at the same time. :modding

Back