• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

AOP CT Modding

ovahenort

Landlubber
1st of all im here about 1 week(using forums) and wondering is it active?
Ok ill be short i was working on these games before and returned again =D
Question 1:AOP Caribbean tales - im bit confused about sails textures named:parus_common_england.tga.tx,parus_common_france.tga.tx etc.
where in game they are used?Becouse i changed all of them ( i was thinking that when u place emblam in game that she generate that texture and that emblams in net folder are only for viewing as sails colors)but nothing changed in game to bad couse i made brand new sails textures + for all nations with full colored sails

if you know how or where to change nation sails give me some tipps(if its possible but i think everything its possible couse i changed almost everything and added alot stuff....soon it will be larger then coas xD)

waiting replys

Ahoy Ovahenort! Good to have you back aboard mate! :cheers

PA is very much active, and there are soon to be some big changes to the forum. I believe the AOP modding has slowed up a bit though as some are concentrating on CoAS and finishing the Build 14 Alpha for POTC. I am not that familiar with AOP, so I can't help you out much. But I am sure someone with much more knowledge on the subject will come along shortly to answer your questions.

Ahoy Ovahenort! Good to have you back aboard mate! :cheers

PA is very much active, and there are soon to be some big changes to the forum. I believe the AOP modding has slowed up a bit though as some are concentrating on CoAS and finishing the Build 14 Alpha for POTC. I am not that familiar with AOP, so I can't help you out much. But I am sure someone with much more knowledge on the subject will come along shortly to answer your questions.

AOP and Coas are 90% same game =P well i can say that coas is made from aop( i mean its remake of aop) so everthing from coas i can have in aop and other way also just want to know answer to my question if there is no sail data ill need make my own >.<
Also i noticed .ini-s files lot strings with textures which ones i cant find in aop textures that means they are trash or?

thx for welcome ^^

my sails
NEW Common sails NEW Pat sails NEW Silk sails and Silk Spain sails
[attachment=4022:01.jpg][attachment=4023:02.jpg][attachment=4024:03.jpg][attachment=4025:04.jpg]
when i finish all of em ill give em in instal mod so it will be easy to use ^^ if i manage to get nation sails or to get conections in files to improve shipyard upgrades from 3 hull 3 sails 3 cannons to lets say 5 hull 12+ sails 6 cannons ^^

BTW Silk sails have new effect in game i made only silk pattern 5% transparency so imagine how they look ingame :keith :sail

EDIT:i found in rigging.ini file these things

[SAILS]

; TEXTURE NAMES
TextureName = parusall.tga
TextureCount = 4
TexNumCommon = 0
TexNumEnglish = 1
TexNumTreangle = 2

also i couldnt find any kind of that tga or tga.tx file anyone can explain me what those lines meant each....want to see can i use that to remake sails

I'm not sure what the "TextureName = parusall.tga" references to, I couldn't find anything there either. I did take a quick look through the CoAS modding forms and ran across THIS this topic, you might take a look through there if you haven't already. I'm not much of a modder, so I really can't be of much help to you. :shrug

i think parusall is not part of that type sails i think its only for texture to be showen well im still blocked atm with sails ill try make em as emblams just i need to know where i can find emblam file to change size of it couse emblams are showed smaller then sail texture so if i use sail texture as emblam its resized in game if u know anything about sail coding share it.

Also im looking for tools and guide or person who have time to make me sailorpoints ini-s for few ships if there is tool and guide ill try myself just give me links for it

Tryed to import jack sparrow from coas to aop ct but when i enter game char is broken(its not showing gm file right) while in gm viewer its working fine tryed few more chars from coas and potc but same result any idea how to fix that?

btw i made 50+ unique types of sails all from period 16th to late 18th century ill post later few of em

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all :cheers

Ahoy mate, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :cheers

Unfortunately mate, I myself am not currently much of a coder, so I can't really help you much directly. All I can do is try and point you in the right direction. Sometimes it's tough to find the exact information your looking for on these forums, the search function is not the most robust, and some section of the forums are not as well organized as they could be. This seems to be one of the areas of modding that our community hasn't mastered yet, perhaps your efforts can help us change that! Still, there is a lot of information here, and I will do my best to help you find your answers!

I am currently working on a proper manual for our POTC mod: New Horizons. If your curious, you can read more about that HERE! Part of my efforts will include adding some basic modding tutorials to help those interested in customizing the game. The tutorials that I am working on incorporating can currently be found here:
http://robotsdontbleed.com/wacko/wakka.php?wakka=PageIndex&v=17pe

That domain my not be around much longer though, and I am trying to make a backup copy of everything on my computer so I can translate as much as possible into manual form. These tutorials are a bit older, but the information is very relevant and may be of some help. Have a look through them when you have some time, there is not a lot on sails, but there is a good deal on characters, so it may at least help you with that aspect.

There are going to be some interesting developments around these parts in the next year, and people with skills such as yourself are going to be greatly needed! I for one would love to see some more of your designs! The more customizable and content rich we can make our mods, the more people will want to play them!

there is not a lot on sails

Who sad im just on sails =P
there are alot things i do atm im focused on making more realistic textures(for everything) - ships,chars,houses,interior,exterior oh ill upload pic of my new grass which i use in coas

btw when im talking about coas i got 1 prob i imported 50+ ships and all set good but i cant run game couse i guess i need set up what is max ship to be showen in shipyard but in scripts/utils.c there is nothing about that like it was in aop ct also trying find answers here...stucked here :shrug

and few more pics - grass,crosshair,empty face,friendly icon,skills

Attachments

• Crosshair.jpg
    Crosshair.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 293
  • empty_face.jpg
    empty_face.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 273
  • Frendly.jpg
    Frendly.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 272
Those look great mate! The grass always bugged me a bit as well, it never really looked quite like grass. By the way, I have the tutorials from the link above transferred into DOC and PDF formats for the future manual. You can download the preview files from HERE! They may help you some.

i will use it smart even im 90% already into codes but any help is wellcome i wont upload to much images so here are few more textures of sails - dont use pictures to make ingame sails couse it wont work -
btw i have few questions

1 - Coas=where i can customize characters like skills money etc

2 - Coas=where i can play with ship speeds like it was in aop ct that i can sail against wind not just stand on place with full open sails its kinda dum also where to set speed of opening sails (how fast they will fall and raise)

3 - Coas=how ship system working?3x textures but none to buy(upgrade) is it random?same with sails(except ships which have own sails in file - ships_init.c)

4 - Coas=is it possible to set nation sails(i mean that each nation have they own ship sails)

also need few tipps how to add lights on ships (locators thing?)

Attachments

• parus_common_2.jpg
    parus_common_2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 254
  • parus_silk_2.jpg
    parus_silk_2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 274
  • parus_silk_3.jpg
    parus_silk_3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 255
  • parus_silk_4.jpg
    parus_silk_4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 252
  • parus_silk_5.jpg
    parus_silk_5.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 220
Modding CoAS is pretty similar to modding POTC or AOP CT, everything is in the .c files, but the locations of those files are a bit different. Ships are in \Age of Pirates 2\Program\Ships\Ships_init.c and characters are in \Age of Pirates 2\Program\characters\characters_init.c and so forth. Those are of course for the initial start of the game. Changing a current ship or character is a bit different, and I am not exactly that familiar with CoAS yet to be able to tell you off the top of my head. You would probably get much better answers if you post a new thread in the CoAS modding forum HERE. As for the locators and stuff, you would probably have better luck in the Storm Engine Modeling forum HERE!

Those are some real nice textures mate! Well done! :onya

Back