• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help AOP2: Crashing on overhead map (engine.exe)

Slurin

Landlubber
I am running AOP2 from a clean install with the GOF 1.2 mod and patch. My rig far exceeds system reqs so hardware limitations are not at fault here. The game is installed in a clean directory to avoid the apparent issue with installation in the default directory. This is my first time playing through this game.

Ok, so that is the background. This is what is happening to me. I started a career as Peter Blood and escaped the injustice of my captors to begin my life swindling illicit goods across the Caribbean. Areas I can play through without crashes are 1) the ground world with (cities, jungles, caves, etc.) and 2) the sailing in the first person/third person view.

However, any time I switch to sailing in the overhead map, I am sure to get a crash. A lot of time, say if I switch to the map and save, then sail x miles in y distance, I crash at the exact same spot. Right now, I am saved at a point that if I sail an additional 5 seconds to the NW (of curacao), I crash every time. The failure is engine.exe has stopped working.

Has anyone any clue what is going on here? This is just occurring in the overhead map and happens in a reproducible manner. Argh!

do you also have that issues when playing just the original game without mod? Otherwise try that with fresh install and report back. If that only happens with mod you have to tell to the modder and ask him for a solution.

Back