• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help AoP2 Start.exe sudden corrupt (and a little aplause to the deserving)

Storm van der Pol

Rum gobbler
Ahoy there c:
First of all let me start by saying I'm quite new to the forum, though in a way, I'm not, I've been following PiratesAhoy! since I learned about GoF and the build mod consecutively and I have to say I was pretty impressed by the magnitude of the PotC mod, and ofcourse the awesomeness of ship models the modelers of PiratesAhoy created, some of them look abusively great ^^
So a magnamious aplause to the modders, modelers and other pirates of such !

Anywho, I've been a vicious addict to AoP and have been playing AoP2 since it was released, and recently (this morning actually) I was modding a lil', getting recently aquired weapon and ship models into my game, but then I recall doing something incrediblely stupid, corrupting only AoP2's Start.exe
wouldn't be much of a problem, I'd simply reinstall in a different directory and substitute the start.exe, but currently I'm residing in portugal and I left AoP2 dvd at home in Amsterdam, and usually I mount the images of my games so I don't have to go to the trouble of inserting different dvd's time by time...
so yeah, I'm in kind of a fit in here :/

So I hoped there would be a kind pirate able to share his washtub with a desperate pirate?
This hasn't been, but will quite frustrating in the near future I supposse >.<

Thanks In advance to all of ya buccaneers :D

Uh? What kind of modding involves the Start.exe file???
Attached is the version I've got. Does that help anything?

Attachments

• start.zip
    974.3 KB · Views: 195
That's the one, did the trick just fine ^^ seriously, thanks a billion Pieter :D

No modding actually, I was forming a basic cmd code which would end most unecessary processes (like explorer.exe) to increase peformance a little, then start the game, and then end cmd, so I wouldn't need to do it manually everytime, I use to do this with most games but this time it simply glitched and removed all data from start.exe, turning it into an 0byte file, I was quite stupified, I didn't even check the .bat out of rage, but I must have made a typo and overwritten the file.
this laptop I use when I'm here in Portugal hasn't got the best specs so yeah, such a thing isn't really necessary but I'm just used to my pc running games as smooth as can be while having other stuff active, and the cpu usage not even going to it's max.
when I referred to modding I was solely talking implementing new characters, ships and such to the game.

And by the way, glad you guys restored the sign in to the forum, I was following this for quite a while now to be honest :D
I pretty much adore the work that's being done here, it's simply as magnamious as it is excessively impressive ! ^-^

Back