• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help AOP2 wont start

Snikerz

Landlubber
Hello! I have played Age Of Pirates 2 many times uninstaling and after a while installing it again, but this time it wont start and heres why:
bez_nosaukuma.png

This error pops out right when skull loading icon disapears and starts intro (at least sound).
I had this problem before. I fixed it by changing game resolution to windowed 800x600 but now even that dont help me. I have downloaded age of pirates 2 (multi5) and age of pirates 2 RELOADED, I have reinstaled game many times, installing GOF 2.0 and even patched with patch 2.0.8. Nothing helps me.

Only thing I have changed in my computer is new video and sound drivers. I have rolled back to older drivers and updated them but nothing helps.

Can someone help me fix the game? I really like this game and want to play it again :)

error says:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
start.exe - Application error

The instruction at "0x15620110" referenced memory at "0xd91bacb4". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to mention that my pc runs on windows xp SP3.

How do I update Tages drivers?

Well, now we know it is a program problem. Where is it installed? Installing in program files activates windoze security features which can cause it to not run. Or maybe it is just a bad install and reinstalling will fix it.

And windoze is blocking some of its features from working for your protection...............

Are you running as the Administrator? You should get a dialog asking if you want to allow the program to continue. If not, you can try making an exception in your DEP.
I really don't remember if it is the same with XP but.....Right click on the My Computer icon--->choose properties--->system protection or system properties--->advanced--->performance settings--->Data Execution Prevention.
You now have two choices and you probably have the bottom on chosen. Below the box click on "add" and then browse to your AOP2 folder and select the .exe file. That should now be added as an exception to the rule.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security but my licence have ended. antivirus doesnt say nothing.

About a year ago I played apo2 with no problems and my pc havent changed except for drivers but I have updated and rolled back them + reinstalled the game but it just wont work :(

Back