• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Apothecary Fetch Quest

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
Did anyone test the fetchquest for the Apothecary already?

Running this in the console should force a fetchquest for the apothecary where you need to get 100 treatments

Code:
ref ctown = GetTownFromID("Greenford");
aref tisland; makearef(tisland, Islands[FindIsland(ctown.island)]);
int cargonum = tisland.cargonum;
string cargoid = "cargo_"+cargonum;
tisland.cargos.(cargoid).good = GOOD_TREATMENT;
tisland.cargos.(cargoid).amount = 100;
tisland.cargos.(cargoid).town = ctown.id;
tisland.cargos.(cargoid).requester = "apothecary";
tisland.cargonum = sti(tisland.cargonum)+1;
AnnounceFetchQuestEvent(ctown.island, cargoid);

Hi Levis,
Apothecary dialogue now doesn.t work. Will have a look but I'm not all that good at coding.
Do you have any error logs and possibly a savegame to test from?

EDIT: Never mind, I tried it as well and confirmed the issue.
Double error: dialog.h didn't have the right size array and there was an extra bracket in the dialog.c file.
I have now fixed them both and this will be corrected in my coming upload later today. :doff

:facepalm

I got the apothecary job last night and managed to complete it ok. When I read about it in the quest book another quest is mentioned.

Here is all I still have. From my alleged memory I got the job and completed it on time but then it disappeared and I got no money.

POTC4 2015-11-15 13-48-54-41.jpg POTC4 2015-11-15 13-49-18-89.jpg

Thanks for that. Looks messed up for sure!
Hopefully @Levis can figure out a quick fix for that soon. :doff

Uhm think I know the problem already. @Pieter Boelen in the dialog file please search for the string questbook and how it's defined. I think you'll spot the problem there already.

Uhm think I know the problem already. @Pieter Boelen in the dialog file please search for the string questbook and how it's defined. I think you'll spot the problem there already.
This, you mean?
Code:
    case "save goods for me":
       RemoveCharacterGoods(PChar,sti(NPChar.fetch_quest.good),sti(NPChar.temp_amount));
       NPChar.fetch_quest.already_received = NPChar.temp_amount;
       DeleteAttribute(NPChar,"temp_amount");
       Diag.CurrentNode = Diag.TempNode;
       questbookname = "fetch&number="+NPChar.fetch_quest.cargoid; //Set a questname
       AddQuestRecord(questbookname, 2);
       DialogExit();
     break;
I'm not seeing the light just yet....

Nvm...Will look at it tomorrow.

@Levis: Can you give some more details on what you think is up with this one?
You hinted it should be a quick fix, so if it truly is a simple one, I wouldn't mind seeing it sorted. ;)

hmmm need to look into it more. something weird seems to be going on ... altough it looks like it is possible indeed that the questrecord is overwritten....
I think I need to change the code a bit for it to work properly again.

I only get the usual dialogue openings. Now this could be because I am in BFF and England is hostile and I am only at Bloke but maybe this quest is broken? Any advice?

Is an apothecary fetch quest actually active according to the Tavern news?
If so, please post a save in front of the apothecary so we can check. :doff

Back