• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

High Priority Apothecary Quest Bugs ( contains Spoilers )

Hmmm...
This time, I´ve used the board search function, but I had no results on this problem.
I just visiting Bridgetown to trade one dead albatross but Steven refuse to talk...
Any ideas?
Thanks...

Here you are...
And as always;
Thanks for your help... :yes

***edit*** Error.log was not created

Attachments

• -=Sir Duke=- Barbados.rar
    947.2 KB · Views: 260
  • compile.log
    2.2 KB · Views: 253
  • system.log
    771 bytes · Views: 273
@SirDuke: Execute this through console and he talks again:
Code:
   ch = CharacterFromID("Apothecary");
   LAi_SetHuberType(ch);
See here point #4 for how to do that: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy!

I see you've been playing this new and unfinished "Collector" sidequest, so that is probably why he got broken.
There are rather a lot of issues with that one as shown here: Confirmed Bug - Apothecary Quest Bugs ( contains Spoilers ) | PiratesAhoy!

Somebody should really go through that some day and make it actually work properly.
Ideally not me. It's @Levis' work.

Or failing that, perhaps disable this sidequest until someone volunteers to have a go at fixing it.
I'd be quite happy with that as well. I even suggested doing that before,
but at the time I think it was @Talisman who convinced me to leave it enabled for testing purposes.

Mysterious Plants (Apothecary) Quest | PiratesAhoy!

I know it's still WiP, but shouldn't it at least "clear" from the quest list?
And the more important question I have:
  • I've got the 56 Opium for the Indian, but there is no one in either of the taverns to give it to?
  • And there is an Indian in the "Hotel", but he doesn't say anything...
  • Will anything happens after the 3 months are over? Will I get randomly attacked by Indians, or will my ships get sabotaged or any such thing?
Thanks in advance!
cheers!

I'm about to finish another part of WoodesRogers 2, then there will be some prepartions
for Midsummer Eve. :cheers
After next weekend I'll try to see what I can do about the apothecary sidequest.
Also found somehing very early that got me stuck.

After next weekend I'll try to see what I can do about the apothecary sidequest.
Would you be able to take care of that? That would be absolutely glorious! :bow

There have been quite a few people who ran into issues with it. But it is mostly operation, so it would be awesome to have it fully working. :woot

If @Jack Rackham manages to fix it soon...
Found and fixed one problem. I have to say it wasn't easy to follow this
quest trail.
When making quests and it's not obvious where a 'case' comes from
why not add:
//from dialog...c or
//from SL_utils.c or anything

For dialogs, normally I try to have the dialog command trigger the next quest case, e.g. in "Hornblower", case "report_traitors_done2":
Code:
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Lt. Eccleston"), pchar, "report_traitors_done3", 10.0, 10.0);
I only discovered this trick very late into writing the extension so most dialogs don't have this. It's seen more extensively in "Ardent".

Sometimes "AddDialogExitQuest" is necessary, typically when a dialog can exit to any of two or more cases, so I usually put a comment near the dialog command, explainingwhere it can lead, e.g. in "Ardent", case "left_Havana":
Code:
LAi_ActorDialogNow(characterFromID("Two Dogs"),PChar,"",2.0); // Dialog exits to "new_deal_with_Two_Dogs" or "get_lost_Two_Dogs"

Back