• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Are new animations possible?

Officerpuppy

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I was wondering, with the tools available, is it possible to create new animations?

I was thinking it would be neat to create a new animation for the few two handed swords that are in CoAS or create a specfic animation set for the katana.

It would be possible I think but would be quite a challenge... It is hard enough to put the original animation onto a new model let alone making a new animation :facepalm

Theoretically, I think it is possible. But as Captain Maggee points out, it isn't easy and I don't think anybody here really knows how to do it.
There's hardly anybody here who does anything with character modeling at all.
Then you'd also have to figure out a way to get those animations used in the game,
which might require the source code and we haven't got that to compile properly yet either.

Theoretically, I think it is possible. But as Captain Maggee points out, it isn't easy and I don't think anybody here really knows how to do it.
There's hardly anybody here who does anything with character modeling at all.
Then you'd also have to figure out a way to get those animations used in the game,
which might require the source code and we haven't got that to compile properly yet either.

Hi,

I know how to do new animations....but it's very time consuming. Then it needs dll's & code work as well.
I did have the horse with animation that worked in Tool but not in game as it needed a new character type coding in or a new Lai. group type creating and most likely a dll.
I had started a horse and rider animation also.....if we can sort out the dll. & coding side I'll carry on with it.

Anyway the reason I haven't been around for the last week is coz the barstewards cut my electric off :modding .....hopefully back this week pending finding enough money :whipa

Cheers
damski.

Hi,

What sort of animations are you thinking about OP ?

Extra PoTC char animations could be added on top of the source animations, within reason, no problems......time & patience permitting,
CoAS though didn't come with the source animation.......only the skeleton & only the male version at that..

BTW.....out of all the pirate game communities, from what I'm led to believe, there's only myself that can do animation and only SD & Jack Rackam that are trying to learn........that said,..it leaves us a bit pushed for projects but I'm willing to try..

damski.

Back