• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Armor Project

For simplicity's sake, I am replacing only the existing armor models and adding the ones for the custom blaze textures.
Not sure about adding the additional armor type; that probably requires some more work. :facepalm

As I understand, I take armor, that is marked to use *_A8 model, and character doesn't have that one, he automatically uses highest he can find (but not higher that the required). The same counts with armor A0.

So in InitItems I tested creating these armors:

A0 — So called "leather armor". If character doesn't have *_A0.gm, it uses simple standart model (armor under the clothes)
A1 — If has *_A1.gm, uses it. If don't, then -_A0. gm or standart model is used.
A2 — If has *_A2.gm, uses it. If don't, then *_A1.gm or another highest existing model. Otherwise tandart model is used.
A3 — If has *_A3.gm, uses it. If don't, then *_A2.gm or another highest existing model. Otherwise tandart model is used.
A4 — If has *_A4.gm, uses it. If don't, then *_A3.gm or another highest existing model. Otherwise tandart model is used.
A5 — If has *_A5.gm, uses it. If don't, then *_A4.gm or another highest existing model. Otherwise tandart model is used.
A6 — If has *_A6.gm, uses it. If don't, then *_A5.gm or another highest existing model. Otherwise tandart model is used.
A7 — If has *_A7.gm, uses it. If don't, then *_A6.gm or another highest existing model. Otherwise tandart model is used.
A8 — If has *_A8.gm, uses it. If don't, then *_A7.gm or another highest existing model. Otherwise tandart model is used.
A9 — If has *_A9.gm, uses it. If don't, then *_A8.gm or another highest existing model. Otherwise tandart model is used.

Have not tryed two-part numbers (like 10 and higher)

Conclusions? If you would add my items code, only blaze would have highest possible armor model (which is almost the same as curent golden armor by statistics), all other character woul equip *_A3.gm

Is it really that simple? I do recall some code that checks if a certain model exists and only uses it if it does.
But I didn't really have the time to try.

Would you be able to put all files I'd need for that together so I can just drop it in?
Unfortunately my period of having a lot of time for PotC is very definitely coming to an end....

hmm... Just checking... Now downloading latest build from moddb... Will I find these armors in there or these were forgotten? Or someone re-balanced those might be?

These were the modeled armors the Blaze model, right? Indeed those are included.
Though I seem to remember you added some extra armor items for this , but for simplicity we stuck to only the three types of armor we had before.
But then, just to make things complicated, recently a couple of extra low-level "armor" items were added that do not have models to go with them.

and in this package, there was new armor icons to use in interface... are you using those or old ones?

Mine are abetter, belive me :D ... Atleast I think so.

Attachments

• items30.jpg
    items30.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 237
Ah, indeed I think those didn't make it into the modpack yet. Partly because we still have only three visible armour levels and not four.
And these images don't match with the texture-based armours still in used for several models, if I recall.

recently a couple of extra low-level "armor" items were added that do not have models to go with them.
Well, maybe it's a stupid idea but do we really have to make character models for armor? Couldn't it be used as wearable item like swords and guns?

Since we cannot add more wearable items that actually show on the character model due to game engine limitations, it would have to be instead of sword or guns.
Shame, really. That would indeed have been a much simpler solution. :(

ok. Then... Found some old projects from PotC times. Would compiel them, but don't have maya 5.0 (and probably will not have, sone I have newer maya installed).

Is anyone working with maya plugins to model potc models? I could pass the projects to that person. They mostly just need to be compiled to gm format and so on.. here is quick screenshot...

woops... img here... failed with last post

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 227
Now that's not strictly true. I'm not looking to get back into the GM export pipeline any time soon.
More to the point, I've never worked with character models. :shrug
You are the only currently active person here who I know has the most experience with using Maya for PotC at all.
If you can't be of much help here, then I do not know who would.

Now that's not strictly true. I'm not looking to get back into the GM export pipeline any time soon.
More to the point, I've never worked with character models. :shrug
well... for those character models, if I remember right, all you need to do is to select locator and export to gm. Might be try some different settings.

at one point I had that skeleton imported, but can't find compiled file. probably was in-game and is deleted since I reinstalled PotC ...
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/some-mixes.14390/page-4#post-378989

Back