• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Arois Voysey not there after saving him

IntrepIDOwnz

Landlubber
Ahh, I see. If it is possible to take a look at, I've also noticed Artois Voysey has disappeared from the game even though I left him to be hired on Nevis and Steven Mather-Wren at the Apothecary won't speak to me. I looked for a fix on NPCs refusing to even open dialogue, but I wasn't able to find anything. As for Artois, can I reset that specific quest somehow or force him to "reappear" at Nevis?

For Artois, you mean you did save him but didn't hire him?
I can't remember if he normally continues hanging around after that...

Yeah, I saved him from Nigel, but didn't hire him. The quest book says he is there to be hired whenever, but it also finished the quest. I remember in stock PotC he would hang around until he was hired.

Odd. There is probably a way through console to get him back.
But I can't investigate that right now. :(

No problem. I can make do without him. I'm more concerned with getting the Apothecary to talk to me again. Right now he just sits in that office and I'm unable to interact with him.

That line worked! I can now talk to the Apothecary again! Thank you!!!

As for Artois Voysey, something odd has happened if his questbook is closed. He certainly should stay around in Nevis Pirate Settlement waiting to be hired, but the questbook shouldn't close.

Yeah, I had a look around the whole settlement too. No where to be found. Even turned on sidestep and looked into walls and around buildings/corners. Not there anymore. Questbook usually stays open and, both he and Nigel, wander around that area until you decide to pick them up and pursue their questline. It is quite odd that the quest just outright closed and won't do anything.

Artois does remain in the latest version (November) after you chose not to hire him - he does walk around and you can hire him even if you have left the island and come back.
Hope this helps.

I don't think anything relating to Artois Voysey has changed in the 31st August version or in the post 31st August fixes. Something odd must have happened in that particular game.

Back