• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Articles

Felipe Miranda

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
I've signed articles with my crew, now i need to share the plunder with them, after all, we've being 404 days in the sea... But how can i Share the Plunder?

404 continuous days at sea? As in never made port? :shock I'm surprised that your crew didn't commit mutiny. :walkplank
And yes as @Grey Roger have mentioned, you can distribute the booty or share the plunder by talking to any loanshark. :yes

404 continuous days at sea? As in never made port? :shock I'm surprised that your crew didn't commit mutiny. :walkplank
Yes, I was a bit surprised at that too. Only 404 days? :p

It's been more than 700 days since I signed articles and I haven't divided plunder yet. I've been to plenty of ports, otherwise I couldn't have progressed the storyline, and the crew would either have mutinied due to rum shortage or died due to food shortage. But the crew have yet to receive a single penny of shares and are still "Heroic". An officer with leadership 10, a personal reputation of "Hero" and a habit of never making port without first finding something to attack and capture, are perhaps contributing factors. So is having so much gold that the share value is several times over average.

Have signed articles and haven't divided the plunder for over 700 days yet the crew remains calm and better yet, Heroic. o_O There must be something wrong. :modding

Indeed the Loanshark will take care of this.

Sounds like perhaps that Morale code on Divide the Plunder needs to be looked at.
You shouldn't be able to keep them Heroic forever, even if you are being successful.
That doesn't make for very good gameplay! :whipa

Have signed articles and haven't divided the plunder for over 700 days yet the crew remains calm and better yet, Heroic. o_O There must be something wrong. :modding
Correct, 700 days at Heroic can't be right. It should, of course, be 800 days at Heroic (99). :)
at_sea.jpg

I'm now convinced that it's due to share value. There were two large ships berthed at Havana; a fast galleon (formerly owned by Roche Brassiliano) and a battleship (formerly owned by the Portuguese navy). Events towards the end of the "Bartolomeu Trap" chapter made it unwise to leave them there so I relaunched both. The addition of those two ships increased my total crew and decreased the share value, and morale started to drop, though it levelled out at "Good" so I was in no danger of mutiny before I reached Port Royale. After berthing both ships again, total crew went down, share value went up, and morale went back up to Heroic (99).

My Mistress of Discipline might also have something to do with the crew's continuing high morale. xD
first_mate.jpg

We'll have to double-check it anyway. There does have to be a CHALLENGE in keeping the crew happy.
Otherwise there's no fun!

Back