• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Ascold Quest and Emblems bugs

bna

Sailor Apprentice
Are vanilla questlines altered somehow in GoF 1.2?

1. Cannot start Ascold quest (Mummy powder).
Just saved in one port and subsequently visited ALL stores in the worldmap -- no store owner have asked me for mummy powder.

2. and another bug: sail emblem isn't installing.
Emblems are showing during dialogue with Master Alexis, then I get error (see screen) and there are no emblems on the sails (color is OK).
corsairs30036.jpg

Tried to find out the problem in .c-files by myself but couldn't :)

Are vanilla questlines altered somehow in GoF 1.2?

1. Cannot start Ascold quest (Mummy powder).
Just saved in one port and subsequently visited ALL stores in the worldmap -- no store owner have asked me for mummy powder.

You should ask the Stall holders in the towns ( not the stores ) - same as in Vanilla game I think.

EDIT - Sorry I misunderstood your post. :walkplank

If you can't find the Store Trader to give you the quest you can use the cheats to check which town the store trader is in.

Press F11 to open the cheats ( if you have them enabled ) then I think it is F22 to get the Ascold - Mummy Powder quest info. This should tell you which town the store trader is in.

:cheers

You should ask the Stall holders in the towns ( not the stores ) - same as in Vanilla game I think.

No, quest is given by store owner for sure.
I've completed CoAS many times already: vanilla, CM and early GoF :)

No, quest is given by store owner for sure.
I've completed CoAS many times already: vanilla, CM and early GoF :)

Agreed - I made a mistake in my last post - see EDIT in post for possible solution.
Apologies

If you can't find the Store Trader to give you the quest you can use the cheats to check which town the store trader is in.

Press F11 to open the cheats ( if you have them enabled ) then I think it is F22 to get the Ascold - Mummy Powder quest info. This should tell you which town the store trader is in.

Thank you, I've got Trader in Panama :D:D:D
There is NO PORT there, so I simply cannot speak with the trader about cargo delivery -> cannot get quest.
Looks like it should be fixed, Panama have to be excluded from Traders spawn list.

Ought to start a new game...
:(

Thank you, I've got Trader in Panama :D:D:D
There is NO PORT there, so I simply cannot speak with the trader about cargo delivery -> cannot get quest.
Looks like it should be fixed, Panama have to be excluded from Traders spawn list.

Ought to start a new game...
:(

Can you speak to the trader about anything else e.g any rumors - and see if that generates the quest dialog. :confused:

Can you speak to the trader about anything else e.g any rumors - and see if that generates the quest dialog. :confused:
Just checked.
Trader gives quest without ship in port.
But there are absolutely no gameplay reasons to go to the Panama before Morgan's quest.
It looks logical to exclude Panama from Ascold quest.
But anyway, quest is obtainable still, just bad luck and illogicality :)

Bug with sail emblems is actual still.

Looks like GameInterface.SHIP_WINDOW_EMBLEME.(attrName).name1 is always returning full path "resource\Textures\Ships\Gerald\<name>" but .ShipSails.gerald_name requires short path "Ships\Gerald\<name>".
What path is required for Xi_refCharacter.ship.sails.gerald_name?

And here is some strange code in shipyard.c:

string attrName = "pic"+(nGeraldIdx+1);​
Xi_refCharacter.ship.sails.gerald_name = GameInterface.SHIP_WINDOW_EMBLEME.(attrName).name1;​
Log_SetStringToLog("GameInterface.SHIP_WINDOW_EMBLEME.(attrName).name1" + GameInterface.SHIP_WINDOW_EMBLEME.(attrName).name1);​
GameInterface.SHIP_WINDOW_EMBLEME.(attrName).name1;
int icost = sti(RealShips[sti(Pchar.Ship.Type)].SP) * 30;​
AddMoneyToCharacter(pchar, -icost);​
What does red statement mean?

Have anybody got emblems to the sails?

Well, in fact you've to check your resource\models\ship\... and see what "rey_xx" are in, and add files in ship.init. For exemple for the war tartane you'll add:

refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a1 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a2 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a1.vscale = 0.8;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a2.vscale = 0.8;

Well, in fact you've to check your resource\models\ship\... and see what "rey_xx" are in, and add files in ship.init. For exemple for the war tartane you'll add:

refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a1 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a2 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a1.vscale = 0.8;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a2.vscale = 0.8;
I've looked through vanilla files, not every sail/yard available is mentioned in Ship_Init.c.
Is there some sort of system what letter/number are bound to each sail?
Something like "a1" -- topsail on first mast.
Or all ship models have own unique letter bindings?

Heya, I cant find trader who sells mummy powder. I used cheats, and there is says trader who sells it is in Port of Spain (British colony) but there are 4 traders on streets, and no one sells mummy powder. Any advice?

Back