• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Resource asking for any lag reducing tweaks

Nope, all you can do is turn down the graphic settings in your control panel. The game runs in DX8 which means the latest video cards and their drivers don't work well. I used to get much better performance BEFORE I spent hundreds of dollars on upgrades.
Then there is the problem with the Storm engine only using one core of the CPU. This means that the CPU needs to run as fast as possible to get the most performance out of the game. A slow CPU means a slow game.

Nope, all you can do is turn down the graphic settings in your control panel. The game runs in DX8 which means the latest video cards and their drivers don't work well. I used to get much better performance BEFORE I spent hundreds of dollars on upgrades.
Then there is the problem with the Storm engine only using one core of the CPU. This means that the CPU needs to run as fast as possible to get the most performance out of the game. A slow CPU means a slow game.

yea you may be right,im using a cranky graphic card 256mb video but my cpu is a dual core,its a medium spec,i could easily reduce the graphic texture but the menus could be really ugly you know :/

Oh, you have "experienced" equipment. You probably have an AGP video card which is hard to replace these days. Have you tried adjusting the settings in your video card control panel? Don't mess with the engine.ini or config.exe in POTC.

Oh, you have "experienced" equipment. You probably have an AGP video card which is hard to replace these days. Have you tried adjusting the settings in your video card control panel? Don't mess with the engine.ini or config.exe in POTC.

yes of course,my nvidia settings are set up to full performance than quality

I don't know. I tried it when it was being developed and it seemed to make a slight difference.

I don't know. I tried it when it was being developed and it seemed to make a slight difference.

alright in such case,what diference does it make i mean,what does it remove to improve fps?,will it also work on my nvidia video card? :p,does it look well xD,i know those are many questions but,if that makes a bit more fps i may use it ^^

I really don't remember, but methinks it tweaks a few things and makes intel use a different .dll. Try it, it doesn't hurt anything.

I really don't remember, but methinks it tweaks a few things and makes intel use a different .dll. Try it, it doesn't hurt anything.

ok i will,and il try it if it will work with my nvidia

ps:tried it,but its too nuh uh for me,the water is too dense kinda for me,and its not like the normal one :/,i just dont really like it but,anyone can try this fix to see how it looks and if peoples like it soo i dont say i dont recommend it :p

Last edited:
The Intel Fix removes the "reflection" on the water and therefore could possibly help a bit with FPS.
Try it and you'll know. You can always uninstall it.

Back