• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Aspect Ratio Correction for 32 inch Monitors?

Black Sam Bellamy

Sailor Apprentice
Can someone of you perhaps tell me how and where to change the Aspect Ratio for a 32 inch Monitor. I bought an Asus PB328Q which has a resolution of 2560 x 1440 and i changed that in the engine.ini but don´t know where and with which Value to adjust the Aspect Ratio.

http://www.amazon.com/PB328Q-2560x1...F8&qid=1460268118&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+pb328q

SDTEHO supports the widescreen resolution 2560 x 1440. So if i would know where to read the aspect ratio values there, i could try to use them for CoAS. The files and folders should be equal for that in both games if i´m not mistaken.

Last edited:
I no longer have a COAS install but methinks you should set the screen resolution in engine.ini.

Thanks for your answer Hylie. Meanwhile i found out everything on my own. The file for the FoV parameters is called camera.ini and it is located in the RESOURCE/INI folder of both games. The values are equal in both games, so changes won´t make a difference. The engine.ini files have partly different values but if i change the values from CoAS to the values of SDTEHO, it doesn´t make anything better in CoAS. Now i guess that if a game doesn´t support widescreen from the beginning you can´t force it to that afterwards. You can only change the resolution to fullscreen but the symbols size will change from round to eggsize and your feet will be invisible.

Back