• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

assassin main quest problem

Talisman, try this fix and tell me if you still have the problem.( I didn't have time to test it yet)

btw : start a new game and use the cheat mod to directly go to the kidnapping quest..

Thanks Bartolomeu :doff

Started a new game and used the cheat mod to directly go to the kidnapping quest - Captured Roche's ship - Killed him - Sailed to Cuba.

On Land Ho - transported to Havana Fort - Auto Walk to Roche - He tried to talk to me - It did not work - I am still frozen - see image ( I think he is trying to claim mistaken identy & pretend to be someone else) :rofl

Also when I tried to save at this point - save said I was still at sea (see Image)

EDIT: the actual file name in the Save folder is however -=Player=-Quest_Havana_fort24-07-1665 :shrug

I think that is just a problem with the dialog file (not have enough DLG or something) :yes

The name change is cause he died and then came back to life, I thought we had this set up so it didnt effect their name anymore

This is still there: :facepalm
Code:
Actor error: character <Roche Brasiliano> now is not actor, his have type <stay>
But this is probably more relevant:
Code:
DIALOG: Invalid text or links, emergency exit! (last link = )
For the random name, add this line to the Roche character init entry:
Code:
ch.questchar = true;//MAXIMUS: identifier for captives
I used that attribute to prevent namechanges on character resurrection.

In the Havana fort after everyone has talked to you ( if it works) Benavides tells you to come back in a month

Kidnapping Text 13 added to quest book and Kidnapping quest header closes.

case "practice_fin_timer":
AddQuestRecord("kidnapping", "13");
CloseQuestHeader("kidnapping");
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Salvadore Benavides")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_65";

However there is no text 13 in the Kidnapping Quest book file :sad

Alright, I found a solution for avoiding this bug. I tested it and it works.
You can add it in your beta 1, Pieter.

Kidnapping Text 13 added to quest book and Kidnapping quest header closes.
However there is no text 13 in the Kidnapping Quest book file :sad
Right again Talisman !
Here's the fix...
To Pieter : Can you add the fix in beta 1 or it's too late ?

It would be to late Bartolomeu it is currently uploading (the light version is available already), however if it is added into the bug tracker Im sure people should find it (as well as here)

As much as I would like to be able to add that and fix some other small issues I've found,
I just don't have the opportunity anymore. Will go in the next edition. :shrug

There's supposed to be a shipwreck on Playa del Muerte.
But to get there, you have to go through a cave.
Looks like Bartolomeu made things really hard to find again. :rolleyes:

I confirm that it is really hard to find.
Jungles are real labyrinth and cave is hard to find if you don't go in the good direction at beginning...

In the Havana fort after everyone has talked to you ( if it works)

When I went to fort first time it was at night, I spoke to roche then to our boss but after nothing happens and i was unable to use fast transport etc.
So I remember that at night some character are not available like the governor, so I did it again but during the day. Governor was here so I was able to purchase all the dialogs and the quest finish correctly.

So it seems that there is a problem in this quest too (see my lady gaga report) when we accomplish the quest at night.

I'm having some trouble with the part where I have to go kill that dude on Hispaniola for the assassin Lord. After I accept his mission, I walk out of his house and even though it is the same day, it says I took too long on the mission! What Heppened!

I have just placed the fix into the files Im going to send to Pieter when he has his new laptop ;)

Back