• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

assassin main quest problem

how do i use cheat mode?

In the very 1st dialog of the game ( when the crewmember runs up to you ) there are some choices which enable you to jump to certain points in the story. ( the options may only apprear if you have cheat mode activated see #5 in this post --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879 )

Choice
1 - Starts the story at the beginning.
2- takes you to the start of the Kidnapping part ( this is the bit you want to miss )
3 - takes you to the start of th Guns of Mona part ( this is the one you want - after the kidnapping section )
4 - Start of Seige of Orangestad
5 - Return of Chico Cois.

:cheers

No work had been done on changing the brothels, so there's been nothing to include and we didn't enable them by default yet either.
Though strangely enough, I've been able to get into brothels in my game, which runs on default settings, so I'm a bit confused on that. :wacko:

I think Cap'n Cook re-wrote the dialogue files used in the Brothels and uploaded the file in a topic if I remember... :?

EDIT :
See this post, Pieter.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16273-assassin-problem/page__view__findpost__p__376566

Thanks for that; forgot about it. Downloaded now; let me see what that's like and what to do with it. :doff

Maybe add a reminder that you need them brothels turned on in the descriptive text?

Oh, and are those dialouge files to be used, or are they WIP?

EDIT: Cannot get cheatmode to work. I dont have a numpad :p

Just enabling the cheatmode in InternalSettings.h enables the quick-start dialog options.
No need to use the numpad for that; you only need that if you want to use any of the cheat controls.

Those dialog files can be used, but they've got a few typos that I fixed in my game.
Indeed these files are better, even though the difference is small, so I'll include them in the next Patch whenever I get back home again.
However, that'll probably be next May at the earliest.

Do the choices appear in the 1st dialog with cheatmode not active :?

no choices appear, active or diabled. :shrug

Sorry - I gave you a link to the wrong post :modding

This is the post you need to activate cheatmode - > http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352880 Item #2

The code you need to change is at the bottom of the InternalSettings.h file in your PROGRAM folder.

Then the 1st dialog in the Assassin Story line should show the options. ( see images )

Do the choices appear in the 1st dialog with cheatmode not active :?

no choices appear, active or diabled. :shrug

Sorry - I gave you a link to the wrong post :modding

This is the post you need to activate cheatmode - > http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352880 Item #2

The code you need to change is at the bottom of the InternalSettings.h file in your PROGRAM folder.

Then the 1st dialog in the Assassin Story line should show the options. ( see images )

AAh, program folder.. that explains it!

Hello i'm having a bit of a problem...I'm at the "Apprenticeship" quest in the Assasin Main Quest and im stucked.The quest book gives not much info it says to find a certain spy that dissappeared in oxbay on oxbay and bring him to havana so i went there and went to the tavern where u usually get info about ppl and stuff in the original game but the tavernkeeper doesnt tell me anything usefull.i went around the town few times,went in houses and could'nt find any trace of this guy.If anyone can tell me what i must do next to continue story i appreaciate.Thx :)

Hello i'm having a bit of a problem...I'm at the "Apprenticeship" quest in the Assasin Main Quest and im stucked.The quest book gives not much info it says to find a certain spy that dissappeared in oxbay on oxbay and bring him to havana so i went there and went to the tavern where u usually get info about ppl and stuff in the original game but the tavernkeeper doesnt tell me anything usefull.i went around the town few times,went in houses and could'nt find any trace of this guy.If anyone can tell me what i must do next to continue story i appreaciate.Thx :)

If you get stuck there are walkthroughs - link to them in this post --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16944-link-to-walkthroughs-on-wiki/page__view__findpost__p__384515

To find the spy -
He is in one of the alcoves in the sewer / dungeon

It is a good idea to buy a map of the dungeon before you go there. Entrances are - opposite the shipyard - in the Port swim to the left of the jetty -- house door on right of Port gate.

You must install the fix (for Beta 1 patch 5 ) in this post or you will not be able to get to the spy :yes --- > http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15382-build-14-beta-1/page__view__findpost__p__383945

Have a look at the walkthrough: http://piratewiki.net/index.php/Quests

Ok got another weird problem.I'm at the alliance quest with the assasin.I got to the part where u must go to falaise de fleur(i play with stock names) to find some french lineship or something that should be moored there.So i went there and when i arrived Quest Book updated saying that the Ship rly is moored there and etc.So far so good...When i go to tavern i talk to tavernkeeper and ask him about the captain of the ship(cant recall his name right now)...Anyway the only thing i find out is that he(the captain of the lineship) was there and that his ship will leave in 2 days or something like that...After that i dont know what to do im stuck.Well i went to those walkthroughs u guys gave me and it says that after i talk with tavernkeeper Chico Chois(my officer) should talk with me and tell me something and after i go out of the tavern he should talk to me again and i get ported to various locations and so on...Well the problem is that nothing of that happens Chico won't talk to me if i try to talk to him all he says is:"..." everytime so i dont know what to do.Dunno if this is a bug or something i did wrong.Also the walkthrough says that i got 9 days to get from Saint Martin to Falaise de Fleur and i got there in 7 days so that wouldnt be the problem esspecialy as i got the QB update when i moored in the port.I dunno what to do and i rly wanna continue the story.Plz help!

It looks like your game got stuck - don't think you did anything wrong.

If the quest book updated to say the ship was moored there then you got to falaise de fleur in time - so thats ok . ( should have seen the ship in the port )

After you talk to the tavernkeeper Chico should automatically talk to you - then you go outside the tavern & Chico should talk to you again. Then Transported to the jetty at night.

Best suggestion go back to a save before you talked to tavernkeeper or entered the tavern and try again & see what happens -- if it still does not work you might have to go back to a save before you sailed to falaise de fleur and play through that again.

:cheers

Back