• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Main Quest

Can you upload it as attachment in this topic please ?.. Unfortunately, I can't enter in the FTP site because the PC I use for the internet is damaged.. (at the moment, I'm in a Cybercafe :wp )

I think this is the file: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Damski62/Assassin/Assassin2.rar

Just a small thought about the spyglass : Now, there is no information when we use it. But, can we put the name of the ship at least ? Indeed, in some of my quests like the Roche Brasiliano' ship, we need to find her to continue the quest and without the name it's hard to be sure we attack the right ship... :shrug

Name? I'm pretty sure Pieter made some fixes to it in the 10.1 version. The spyglass actually does display the name correctly now out to at least max cannon range, as evidenced in my "war fishing boat" video in WBT.

In fact, it was Screwface who did that. In Build 14 Alpha 10.1 Fix in Realistic Game Mode,
the ships' name does appear in the spyglass, but only when you're close enough to 'read the name off her stern'.

Thanks Snow White Sorrow and Pieter for the information. I've got the fix but didn't know it solved this problem. :cheeky :slap

Btw : and Happy New Year for all the forum (seeing I'll be only back next week).

I started using Maya yesterday... And here's my first work :
After killing Roche Brasiliano, the Spaniards will hang him on the Havana wall...

Due to some changes, here's the new list of missing quests for the Assassin main quest :

- Oranjestad' siege
- The Bartolomeu's trap
- (*)El Diablo's coming back (<- small quest for recovering the XebecAS)
- (*)The Aztec treasure

(*) quest only working if you don't kill Bartolomeu in the Bartolomeu's trap quest.

About the Aztec treasure, it will use some new locations like El Morro Fort of Havana and Vera Cruz (quest locations for the last one seeing we don't have the American continent in our map). The main characters you'll see : Governor Brin, Henry Morgan, Bartolomeu o Portugues (You'll work with him during most of the quest).

btw : For Vera Cruz I used the Thomas' Spanish Textures and added some stuff. I also added some indians walking on the streets and even one begging in order to give a different atmosphere to those locations.

To Captain Maggee : Please, put this small video on ModDB.(And not in your patch)

I like your climbing video... more than the previous one, actually!

Did you make use of my code for your indian beggar? :woot (I think you just have to give some attribute so that he will use the begging animation & sounds)

It will be interesting to see how you'll use old governor Brin. You know that this character is coming from Seadogs, don't you? He was the young, dynamic governor of rising Tendales island while Mortons was the old, jealous, and tricky governor of HighRocks. For example, Brin asks you to carry wheat to the starving population of Dead Island, eventhought it would have been Morton's job. He remained a secondary character thought, involved in only a few quests.

Forgive me if I don't understand you - will your attack of El Morro fort take place in the Assassin main quest, or will it be a side quest present in main quests other than the Assassin one?

In another threat, I was asking in which 'time period' you wanted that attack to take place.
Was the Fort having its final look at that moment, or was it modified after that? Reading a bit on wiki and such, it looks like later Englishmen took the city without much trouble by placing their artillery at the right place (some hill nearby), forcing the Spanish to build another fort here to prevent this from hapening again. But did they rebuilt El Morro fort a little differently at that moment?

I don't remember how CCC's code for cannons exactly works, it only bombs a small area? We might have to change it so that transversal fire would be more deadly (some people hitten in the way and not only when the invisible cannonball hit the ground). It could be interesting to code people reaction as well : some could brievely adopt afraid animation when the cannonball fly up their head, or some could jump to the ground.
I hope Spaniards will use their muskets efficiently. I'm not sure you can fire anyone located lower than you in PotC. This will have to be dealt as well.
If your ladders are already placed on the walls before the attack, don't forget to code extra casualities needed to place them.

In all case, how much people do you think you'll need to attack the Fort? How much do you expect to survive?...

Sounds good Bartolomeu and will do ;)
Thanks a lot :onya

I like your climbing video... more than the previous one, actually!
Thanks ASVS
Did you make use of my code for your indian beggar? :woot (I think you just have to give some attribute so that he will use the begging animation & sounds)
Can you give me more information about this ?
It will be interesting to see how you'll use old governor Brin. You know that this character is coming from Seadogs, don't you? He was the young, dynamic governor of rising Tendales island while Mortons was the old, jealous, and tricky governor of HighRocks. For example, Brin asks you to carry wheat to the starving population of Dead Island, eventhought it would have been Morton's job. He remained a secondary character thought, involved in only a few quests.
I didn´t know this story in fact. I confess I've never played Seadogs...
Forgive me if I don't understand you - will your attack of El Morro fort take place in the Assassin main quest, or will it be a side quest present in main quests other than the Assassin one?
The El Morro fort will be only used in the last quest of the Assassin Main Quest.
In another threat, I was asking in which 'time period' you wanted that attack to take place.Was the Fort having its final look at that moment, or was it modified after that? Reading a bit on wiki and such, it looks like later Englishmen took the city without much trouble by placing their artillery at the right place (some hill nearby), forcing the Spanish to build another fort here to prevent this from hapening again.
The English attack was during the Seven Years' War, right ? In this case, I can tell you the Spaniards built a biggest fort just near El Morro fort after this war. But, the model I've got is the genuine El Morro fort built in the 16 - 17th century.
I don't remember how CCC's code for cannons exactly works, it only bombs a small area? We might have to change it so that transversal fire would be more deadly (some people hitten in the way and not only when the invisible cannonball hit the ground). It could be interesting to code people reaction as well : some could brievely adopt afraid animation when the cannonball fly up their head, or some could jump to the ground. I hope Spaniards will use their muskets efficiently. I'm not sure you can fire anyone located lower than you in PotC. This will have to be dealt as well. If your ladders are already placed on the walls before the attack, don't forget to code extra casualities needed to place them. In all case, how much people do you think you'll need to attack the Fort? How much do you expect to survive?...
About the attack, in the story, Henry Morgan and his men will attack the fort by the rear from the land as a diversion operation while Elting + Bartolomeu + their men will infiltrate the fort by the cliff. They will use the ladders and grapnels when reaching the fort and I will use the climbing animation in order to show the pirates climbing the fort. About the cannon code, it would be a good idea to improve it,

Well. I like siege. This will be a splendid scene to end your main quest! :onya

Concerning your indian beggar : old threat on beggars was this one.
Apparently your sitting beggar just need a 'beggar' attribute.
Example with Henry in PROGRAM/Characters/init/Redmond.c : ch.beggar = true;
When someone is near him, he will turn towards him and play a 'beg' animation (raise his hand), while playing a sound.
Make sure your beggar nationality is spanish ; there are sounds (from Seadogs) only for Spaniards and Englishmen.

I already implemented these things you are talking : beggar attribute and even the Spanish sound for the beggar. :yes

I was thinking you were telling there was something else to add to the beggar. Sorry for my misunderstanding :facepalm

For the aztec treasure quest, a throne of an aztec king made in precious stones could be a good gift for pirates.

Perhaps another texture would be better.... It now looks like it is wrapped up in brown paper. The model itself is nice.

Back