• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Main Quest

Friday, I will release the 2 quests.
Now, I've got a :razzgolden team, testing-fixing my quests and rewriting the dialogues and quest texts, be prepared for some work this week-end. The quests will be compatible with the Patch 2.

Here are the 2 quests. Let's hope I didn't forget any resource because I'll be only back Monday. I included into the patch the entire Assassin folder because I've done so many changes that I wasn't sure what was updated and what wasn't updated.

Otherwise, tell me if the climb animation works because sometimes it has some problems. Anyway, I would like for this feature a camera more distant of the Pchar. :facepalm

Thanks Bartolomeu; I'll see what I can do as far as testing/releasing is concerned. :doff

I installed it into my game and had a quick look at the Indian Village: pretty neat, that! :onya

Some questions/requests:
1. Can you give me some jump-start code for your latest Assassin storyline additions?
2. Have you used your "b_gallows" model anywhere yet?

1) You already have a jump-start code for the Oranjestad' siege. Talk to the sailor at the beginning with the cheat code ON.
2) The gallows is near the Havana Church. So it's used when you save the Bartolomeu's crew..
Other quest-writers can use the gallows in other places of course for their stories. If you didn't do that, put the gallows, Pieter, in the Jack Sparrows' Storyline when he's in the Port Royal Fort just about to be hanged (but he escapes of course :razz )..

1) You already have a jump-start code for the Oranjestad' siege. Talk to the sailor at the beginning with the cheat code ON.
Ah! You reused that original line I added. Thanks very much.
Since it was the old text, I thought it was the old nonsensical code as well, but it's not. :onya

2) The gallows is near the Havana Church. So it's used when you save the Bartolomeu's crew..
Cool! Where's the code that builds the gallows though? I just want to check that it's there.
My Windows search function doesn't work as well anymore as it did with my previous laptop. :(

Other quest-writers can use the gallows in other places of course for their stories. If you didn't do that, put the gallows, Pieter, in the Jack Sparrows' Storyline when he's in the Port Royal Fort just about to be hanged (but he escapes of course :razz )..
That'd be a nice one for Captain Maggee to do. :wp

About the gallows, check the Cuba.c in the locations folder, you will find a Build_at line for the gallows at the end of this file..

Today I played The Siege of Oranjestad: definitly very cool. Well done! :onya

Some comments:
- Do you also see some sort of black bar accross the port of Havana? Looks quite weird... :?
- I skipped the one-month wait by just executing the quest case straight away.
- Checked the gallows at Havana and they're indeed there; looks "nice". :)

I recall I wanted to say something else as well, but can't remember. :facepalm

NOW I remember. I'm playing with Jack Black's massive music pack and when I got to the "aftermath" of the Oranjestad siege,
the game played the track "The Funeral" from Cutthroat Island, which worked brilliantly in context.
If you can, you might even want to do that on purpose.

Do you also see some sort of black bar accross the port of Havana? Looks quite weird... :?
Are you talking of the chain in this port? I made it because a real one existed in that time... :yes

NOW I remember. I'm playing with Jack Black's massive music pack and when I got to the "aftermath" of the Oranjestad siege,the game played the track "The Funeral" from Cutthroat Island, which worked brilliantly in context.If you can, you might even want to do that on purpose.
Well, this is the kind of thing I'd like you do. :urgh

btw : Over the next days, tell me if the Bartolomeu's trap quest works (at least, I didn't find any important bug) and what you think of the climb animation. :?

Are you talking of the chain in this port? I made it because a real one existed in that time... :yes
Ah! I thought it might be intentional! Yep, that's what I meant. :yes

Well, this is the kind of thing I'd like you do. :urgh

btw : Over the next days, tell me if the Bartolomeu's trap quest works (at least, I didn't find any important bug) and what you think of the climb animation. :?
Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for Boston to get back to work for another bunch of months.
As such, I don't really know when next I'll have time for testing/modding anything. But I'll let you know when I do. :yes

I just noticed that Johan's Xebec has 26 guns but on the ship model there aren't that many, is this a known 'bug'? Its not really a problem of course it does not ruin the quest in anyway :dance

I thought I should point it out because I know you guys are perfectionist modders :onya

I just noticed that Johan's Xebec has 26 guns but on the ship model there aren't that many, is this a known 'bug'? Its not really a problem of course it does not ruin the quest in anyway :dance

I thought I should point it out because I know you guys are perfectionist modders :onya

Did you count the small swivel guns ( gives 26 in total ) xD:

Ah haha no I didn't :facepalm

I'm stuck on the Kidnapping quest tough, I have brothels turned on and I can't get to Lady Gaga :?

List of missing quests for the Assassin main quest :

- (*)El Diablo's coming back (<- small quest for recovering the XebecAS)
- (*)The Aztec treasure

(*) quest only working if you don't kill Bartolomeu in the Bartolomeu's trap quest.
I'm going to start my work on the El Diablo's coming back quest. It will be a small quest taking place only on Douwesen. Before the end of this month, I will release it.

I would like to say that this storyline is quite awsome haha!!
But I have a question - A Worm in the Apple - I have to accept and kill all missions to actually complete the main mission (killing santos)?

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1281278123' post='375524']
I would like to say that this storyline is quite awsome haha!!
But I have a question - A Worm in the Apple - I have to accept and kill all missions to actually complete the main mission (killing santos)?
[/quote]

Check this thread & Post

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15263-assassin-main-quest-problem/page__view__findpost__p__375509

Back