• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Main Quest

Sorry for the delay, but here's the quest. Otherwise, I already started the last quest for this main quest (the aztec treasure). At the moment, 25% is done.

Brilliant; thanks very much! Do you have any jump-start code by any chance so I can test?

No, I forgot :facepalm
I can release one next week (not before, unfortunately). But, just for testing try this :

Edit : I already said in the past but this quest is small (like the first one). However, the aztec treasure will be a normal quest.

Code:
	// PB: Isla de Muerte -->
PChar.quest.Muerte = "";
PChar.quest.Muerte_start.win_condition.l1 = "location";
PChar.quest.Muerte_start.win_condition.l1.character = PChar.id;
PChar.quest.Muerte_start.win_condition.l1.location = "Tortuga_tavern";
PChar.quest.Muerte_start.win_condition = "Muerte_start";
// PB: Isla de Muerte <--
Thinking of the availability of the Vanderdecken shipyard, are you sure you want to remove this?
In any case, it is your choice and we removed it in the Jack Sparrow storyline as well, so whatever you want is fine by me. :doff

No, you can let the Isla Muerte if you like. As I said this modified file is only for testing the quest. Don't put it in your next patch. Next week, you'll have a jump-start code for this quest.

Otherwise, I've got a question :
With the Lai_SetPatrol function a soldier randomly walks between the locators. I would like a modified Lai_SetPatrol function that will let the soldier indefinitely patrolling between only 2 locators.
Can you create this function? If possible, I would like to use it in the El Morro fort's location.

btw : like the Lai_SetPatrol function if the Pchar wears a camouflage, he could or not be detected by the soldier...

I'm not entirely sure how to do that, but it might be possible. Would be something in PROGRAM\Loc_ai\types\LAi_patrol.c, I reckon.
This code looks like it might allow us to do something to that extent:
Code:
//Îòïðàâèòü ïåðñîíàæà â íîâóþ òî÷êó
void LAi_type_patrol_Goto(aref chr)
{
//Èä¸ì â íîâóþ òî÷êó
string newloc = LAi_FindRandomLocator("goto");
if(newloc != "")
{
LAi_tmpl_goto_InitTemplate(chr);
LAi_tmpl_goto_SetLocator(chr, "goto", newloc, -1.0);
chr.chr_ai.type.state = "goto";
chr.chr_ai.type.locator = newloc;
}

// ccc sneak mod -> to let enemies patrol in dungeons and forts etc.
else
{
newloc = LAi_FindRandomLocator(chr.location.group);
if(newloc != "")
{
LAi_tmpl_goto_InitTemplate(chr);
LAi_tmpl_goto_SetLocator(chr, chr.location.group, newloc, -1.0);
chr.chr_ai.type.state = "goto";
chr.chr_ai.type.locator = newloc;
}
}
// ccc sneak mod <-
}

Indeed, I also saw this code a few days ago. But, I don't really know how to use this code to make a new function :facepalm
My idea is to let Elting destroy an outpost (using a cannon against the Henry Morgan's troops) in front of the El Morro fort but to reach the outpost he must cross an area patrolled by the Spanish soldiers. However, they must patrol the area according to a definite way.

Btw : Here's the jump-start code you asked for a few days ago.

Thanks, Bartolomeu!

Remind me when I get back home again and I'll see if I can figure something out.

When do you get back home? :?
Over the next 2 or 3 weeks, I'll try to find a solution so as not to be stopped in my work.

I was quick... No need to wait for Friday. Here's the last video for this main quest. The climbing animation is a bit too fast when I use FRAPS for making the videos but I have no solution for this problem.

However, I think the video is good enough :urgh

Otherwise, I've got a question :
With the Lai_SetPatrol function a soldier randomly walks between the locators. I would like a modified Lai_SetPatrol function that will let the soldier indefinitely patrolling between only 2 locators.
Can you create this function? If possible, I would like to use it in the El Morro fort's location.

btw : like the Lai_SetPatrol function if the Pchar wears a camouflage, he could or not be detected by the soldier...
Did you work on this code, Pieter? :?

Cool, Bartolomeu! We do really need to try to do something about that brightness though! :shock

I haven't looked at the code yet; I'm still recovering from three months' worth of continuous hard work... :?

Alright, Pieter. :yes
But, if you could try something about this code over the next days, it would be better. Soon I'll be in the part of the quest which this code is used. Otherwise, I will need to find another solution for this part of the quest. :?

Try this file, Bartolomeu. Stick it in PROGRAM\Loc_ai\types .
Now you can add these lines to a character init entry:
Code:
	LAi_SetCivilianPatrolType(ch);
ch.patrollocator.0 = "goto2";
ch.patrollocator.1 = "goto4";
The character will now walk to goto2, then to goto4, then back to goto2 and so on.
Note that you can use either SetCivilianPatrolType (for non-soldiers) or SetPatrolType (for soldiers).
Note also that the locators you choose MUST be of the "goto" type and at the moment only patrols between two locators are supported.
I did my testing with Gregor Samsa in Speightstown port.
Annoyingly though, the guy keeps standing still on each locator for quite a while before going to the next one.
But admittedly, the original code did that too.
See if this does what you want and, if not, I can see if I can figure out some more modifications.

Back