• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Problem

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
At Kralendijk on Bonaire when you start the quest.

The English Bark you have has a full cargo hold with 524 Ale

But Baltasar Salgada on cuba wants 600 ale minimum.

So when you arrive on Cuba - talk to Baltasar Salgada - say you don't have enough ale - he refuses to deal with you and runs away - quest book closed - quest over. xD:

At least I did not get killed. :rofl

From Baltasar Salgada_dialog.c

Code:
case "begin_1":

if(GetSquadronGoods(pchar,GOOD_ALE)>=600)
{
dialog.snd = "Voice\CLLA\CLLA004";
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[2];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[3];
link.l1.go = "exit";
AddDialogExitQuest("loadale");
}
else
{
dialog.snd = "Voice\CLLA\CLLA002";
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[2];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[14];
link.l1.go = "begin_7";

}				

break;

I think this is a problem from when some of the ship's were altered a while back.

You're absolutely right. I got 558 Ale when I tested, but it's still not enough.
We've got to either lower the amount for the quest or increase the capacity of the starting ship.
It's this bug all over again. :facepalm
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//tracker/issue-212-bartolomeu-storyline-cargo-hold-overup-early-storyline-break/

The English Bark mentioned has the refShipID: Barque4_47, right?
If so, it's listed in the class system as 'Balanced', with a cargo capacity of 1,000.
That's how Oberleutnant configured it to be originally, but I *think* it should be safe to add another 250 onto it without it looking out-of-place... that would be enough, right?

Yep, that's the one. There's some randomization in the stats, so to make 100% sure it's enough,
we'd have to start a few new games with Assassin and check if there's 600 Ale in the hold every time and not less.

I changed it to 1250 now and started a new game twice: all good. I reckon it'll work. :yes

Oh good, a simple solution at last. :woot

In my game the English bark had a cargo capacity of 879.

As a temporary fix I just changed the quantity in Baltasar Salgada_dialog.c to 500

( he was so desperate for the Ale he didn't notice ) :rofl

LOL! Try doing as Experienced Captain suggests and up the capacity to 1250 in ships_init.c.

Well, well, well.... Let's hope there won't be another surprise like that. :facepalm
And what about the barque used at the beginning of the Bartolomeu Main quest. :?

Well, well, well.... Let's hope there won't be another surprise like that. :facepalm
And what about the barque used at the beginning of the Bartolomeu Main quest. :?

Bartolomeu, it is a problem as well. Luc Merin and then Eugene didn't talk - I did the same - quick fix by changing the Dialogue files to suit. :modding

I thought Bartolomeu had been fixed a few months ago - it was ok in Beta 1 Patch 1.

Has the ship's capacity been changed in Patch 2 or 3 :?

EDIT:-

Just checked Patch 2 install notes - some ships were changed then :cheeky

Information for ship balancing :-

These are the quantities that have to be carried as per the Bartolomeu quest:-

Minimum Quantities:-

1st job
Luc Merlin wants 160 Sandal minimum ( weight = 4cwt per unit)
Eugene Martin wants 160 Silk minimum ( weight = 4cwt per unit)

2nd job
Elias Bartels wants 200 Linen minimum ( weight = 3cwt per unit)
Eugene Martin wants 600 Ale minimum ( weight = 1cwt per unit)

3rd job
Jean Maginot wants 300 Cinnamon minimum ( weight = 2cwt per unit)
Eugene Martin wants 170 Tobacco minimum ( weight = 4cwt per unit) <- watch this one

Agh! I suppose this is because of Oberleutnant's and Experienced Captain's further work on balancing the ships, introduced in Patch 2.
I hope one of them can look at this some time soon; it's rather crucial that those storylines work properly. :facepalm

It's the Jackass Barque for Bartolomeu, right?
In that case, its maximum capacity, without national randomization, is 1,000.
I see no reason why we can't add another 250, or even 500 if need be.
It doesn't affect the balancing much, if at all really, so that's good. :onya
(If anything it would make sense, as it would match the other barque we changed for the Assassin quest)

It's the "Barque3_50" for the Bartolomeu storyline.
Can somebody please make the required change and check if it works again?

Once we've got these two sorted, we should add a note in the ships_init.c to not edit the capacity of those ships down again,
because it'll mess up the Assassin and Bartolomeu storylines.
Also, we'd need to make this modification available to the general public.
It would be best if someone could take the Patch 3 files, include the new ships_init.c, then re-upload it.
I can't do that any time soon though...

Once we've got these two sorted, we should add a note in the ships_init.c to not edit the capacity of those ships down again,
because it'll mess up the Assassin and Bartolomeu storylines.
OK I've made the changes and added some comments saying 'Adjusted for Assassin/Bartolomeu storyline- DO NOT LOWER'
Can someone else test this to ensure I've added enough cargo space? I don't have a Bartolomeu save, and I'm busy with other things. :razz

Also, we'd need to make this modification available to the general public.
It would be best if someone could take the Patch 3 files, include the new ships_init.c, then re-upload it.
I can't do that any time soon though...
Can someone who knows what they're doing handle this? I don't want to try for fear of messing something up. :modding

EDIT: for modified ships_init file, see latest patch.

OK I've made the changes and added some comments saying 'Adjusted for Assassin/Bartolomeu storyline- DO NOT LOWER'
Can someone else test this to ensure I've added enough cargo space? I don't have a Bartolomeu save, and I'm busy with other things. :razz

Played the start of both Bartolomeu & Johan Elting (Assassin) storylines --- both worked OK :onya

:doff

Thanks a lot, Experienced Captain and Talisman! :woot

As for redoing the Patch 3 file, Captain Maggee would be our best bet.
He's done some patches when I was at sea before and knows what he's doing.
He's been surprisingly silent recently though... :?

Sorry about my quietness guys, I havnt meant to be so inactive but rl is catching up with me a bit now that uni is back...

I will reupload patch 3 soon though (probably in 8 or so hours) ;)

Hi,

I've just played through the Assassin main quest up to the 'A Kidnapping point', I altered the earlier bug with the cargo myself ( so that was fine) but i can't go into the brothel in Nevis (despite switching the option 'ON') is there anyway I can get this to work?

p.s. Great Quest so far! although isn't calling lady gaga a prostitute a tad harsh ;)

Back