• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Problem

If we don't, it'd be nice to have some code in place to make your storyline work anyway.
It should only be a small modification, I hope... :?
Not sure about the small modification :? .. In my opinion, re-write some dialogues is an easy task and faster than changing code in the questreactions.c or another files. :shrug
Don't tell me, Pieter, I also need to do this work. :facepalm (Maybe, Cap'n Cook could do this :shrug In the past he re-wrote the dialogues of my main quests.)

Bartolomeu,
I think that this would require a bit more than dialogue changes - we will need to do a check in questreaction.c for if the brothel mode is on or off and place lady gaga outside the brothel for the initial dialogue to take place - note that the initial dialogue I changed to was a bit expicit for the non-brothel option and we may need to have an alternative dialogue file for the non-brothel option. I can do some of it / possibly all of the changes but I am only a beginner when it comes to programming. I will have a go bit it will have to be later in the week or the weekend if I can fit it in. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks Cap'n Cook; let us know if you need any help with it and we'll see what we can do. :yes

To Talisman :
About the Guibert Daudet's dialogue, I checked many files and I didn't find why this happens. I need to know if another players have also had this problem. The fact who said you had to force the dialog by actioning the case "join_guibert" through the console so that it works proves the problem is not the quest itself or a mistake in its code...

Cannons of Mona

After bringing the Soleil Royal to Havana -- when you fight the Dutch Soldiers in the Smuggler's Village --- if you or your officers hit Spanish Soldiers or Enrique Padilla during the fight --- the Spanish will become enemies and you will have to kill them ( if you kill Padilla quest breaks ).

Problem already found in the Aguadilla battle (Bartolomeu main quest) and it seems the LAi_group_MoveCharacter function doesn't work from what Pieter said.
The Siege of Orangestad

At the Oranjestad Siege - your officers change their names - so does Padilla - for the rest of the storyline ( do not want to be recognised as war criminals )

You enter Oranjestad ( officers & Padilla with original names) see civilian being killed - talk to Padilla - transported to Sea ( officers names have changed). They keep the new names for the rest of the storyline. And when you next meet Padilla (in both Kill Bartolomeu & Friends with Bartolomeu quest line ) he has new name.

Does not stop quest . Played this several times - different names each time

Thanks Pieter for the information, I will check the tempquest.c in order to know if they have this code : ch.questchar = true;

Kill Bartolomeu

When you go back to Havana from Eleuthera to receive reward for killing Bartolomeu - Padilla talks to you on Havana jetty - I had problems getting Padilla to appear on the jetty - took several attempts

As usual, the problem is the quest, like all the other quests in the game, breaks from time to time.

btw : At the moment, I only emended 2 quest texts.

[quote name='Cap'n Cook' timestamp='1280750274' post='374920']
[quote name='bartolomeu o portugues' timestamp='1280409285' post='374541']
[quote name='Pieter Boelen' timestamp='1280167957' post='374285']
If we don't, it'd be nice to have some code in place to make your storyline work anyway.
It should only be a small modification, I hope... :?
[/quote]
Not sure about the small modification :? .. In my opinion, re-write some dialogues is an easy task and faster than changing code in the questreactions.c or another files. :shrug
Don't tell me, Pieter, I also need to do this work. :facepalm (Maybe, Cap'n Cook could do this :shrug In the past he re-wrote the dialogues of my main quests.)

[/quote]

Bartolomeu,
I think that this would require a bit more than dialogue changes - we will need to do a check in questreaction.c for if the brothel mode is on or off and place lady gaga outside the brothel for the initial dialogue to take place - note that the initial dialogue I changed to was a bit expicit for the non-brothel option and we may need to have an alternative dialogue file for the non-brothel option. I can do some of it / possibly all of the changes but I am only a beginner when it comes to programming. I will have a go bit it will have to be later in the week or the weekend if I can fit it in. Will let you know how I get on.
[/quote]

The idea is to let the brothels always open but for that I need you change the dialogues of these women in the brothels. It isn't only for my quest but for all the game.. :?

Bartolomeu, the Hitman.txt file you uploaded was the same as the one I already had in my game... :?

I only included the change made by Talisman for this quest text.. :shrug

Btw : Can you tell me if you also had the same problem that Talisman about the Guibert Daudet's dialogue, please. :?

I think I indeed just ran into that problem, yes. He's there, but doesn't talk.

No problem :doff
I'm working on the 'El Diablo' quest. So, over the next 2 weeks, you'll have new stuff for this main quest. :yes

btw : By the way, what about the other main quests of Potc, I was waiting more stuff for this summer :?

About the brothel dialouges - unfortuneatly work has got in the way again - should be free again early next week for a little while.
Bartholomeu, is it only that we want to "clean" up the more explicit dialogue files for the girls so that the Brothel mod stays on all the time or do we want to have all new dialogues?
If so, this won't take long at all but there will need to be some changes to the interface to remove the brothel option - this last bit I am not sure i could do. :shrug

Removing the brothel toggle will not be a problem; I can take care of that if you want. :doff
For what we want with them in the first place, there's a thread on it on the forum somewhere.
If you can't find it, please post here and I'll see if I can.

I think Short Jack Gold is doing behind-the-scenes work on the Hornblower storyline,
but Captain Maggee and Thomas the Terror are caught up in their education and haven't been able to do much recently. :(

I think Short Jack Gold is doing behind-the-scenes work on the Hornblower storyline,
but Captain Maggee and Thomas the Terror are caught up in their education and haven't been able to do much recently. :(

Yep.. SJG is working on the next part of the Hornblower storyline.. I'm helping him.. learning to mod

Removing the brothel toggle will not be a problem; I can take care of that if you want. :doff
For what we want with them in the first place, there's a thread on it on the forum somewhere.
If you can't find it, please post here and I'll see if I can.

Thanks for that Pieter. I have read a number of posts about the Brothel mod and to say the least I am not sure which way this Mod direction is to go. If we just want to tone it down for the G or PG audience - that's fine - I have included the two files below see what you think.

Attachments

• wench.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 204
About the dialogues, everyone could read them without being offended :shrug in order to let the brothels always open.

See this discussion thread on the brothels: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15301-what-of-brothels

What?! About the poll we have a majority for :
On by default, keep dialogs and such as-is :cheeky
I think now we are a community of pirates :cheers

LOL! True. :rofl
Truth be told, I'm not sure who all those people are who voted for that option.

Back