• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Story completed - some problems

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In Build 14 Beta 1 patch 6

I have just completed the Assassin Story - through to the end of the Aztec Treasure ( see below ) .

It is a really good story :yes :bow :bow :bow

Here are a few bugs I found -

Major Bug - ordinary Treasure Quests & Aztec Treasure - Quest Book Problem
If you get the ordinary Treasure quest - the one where a person in town says " It's your lucky day" and offers to tell you where a treasure is buried if you pay them some money.

The quest book should update with a heading - Lost Treasure on Island & you get an entry telling you where on the island the treasure is.

At anytime in the Assassin story, if you get this quest the questbook will update with the heading - The Aztec Treasure - and one of the entries from the Aztec Treasure Questbook. The ordinary Treasure quest still works ok - just that the quest book is messed up.

I think this is because the questbook text file for the Aztec Treasure quest has the same name ( Treasure ) as the questbook text file for the ordinary Treasure Quest.

The questbook updates correctly with the correct entries for the Aztec Treasure quest when you play that.

Emilio would not talk to me at Vera Cruz ( see attached logs ) - this might just be my game causing problems.

I started the Aztec Treasure quest ok - after getting back the El Diablo - Morgan sent me to Vera Cruz - at Vera Cruz I saw Emilio, but he would not talk to me & just stood there - and the tavern stayed closed.

I had to do the Aztec Treasure quest by using the cheat jump start at the very beginning of the story - which worked - Emilio talked & tavern opened.

Amerigo Vieira's Weapons
In the Worm in the Apple quest. If you hire Amerigo Vieira his weapon ( sword of Cortes - unique sword ) will be un-equipped if you give him any items eg medicines, pistol, armour etc. His sword disappears from the model and in fights he just stands there.

Commanders House in jungle on Isle of Mona -- missing loading screen when you enter

After Oranjestad Siege - names change

After you see the civilian killed and talk to Padilla - transported back to ship - the names of the officers you had with you are changed as well as Padilla's- for me Chico Cois became Cois Cois also Enrique Padilla became Padilla Padilla the next time I met him.

Chico's name stayed as Cois Cois for rest of story - except when I set him free on Bahia de San Antonio - then it changed back to Chico Cois.

Problems talking to Emilio & Padilla on Havana jetty - ( might just be my game causing problems )

In the Bartolomeu Trap - after capturing Emilio - on Havana jetty Emilio talks to you, but I could not get him to appear. The same with Padilla after you kill Bartolomeu he is supposed to talk to you on Havana jetty - but did not appear. ( I had to use the console to get Emilio & padilla to appear )

I think it was because there were too many people being spawned at the location since the compile logs ( see attached ) have these entries :-

** Whr: CreateWeatherEnvironment - iCurWeatherhour = 8, theHour = 8
Bnd: 0, Vag: 1, Sk: 0, Mo: 0, Mu: 0
LAi_CreateFantomCharacter -> many logined characters in location (>32)
ItemLogic: On load location Cuba_port

ItemLogic: found 0 buttons
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\blade5
ERROR: unidentified condition type()
LAi_CharacterLogin -> many logined characters in location (>32)
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Emilio Soares

LandInterface DoSetFlags: 0

Major Bug - ordinary Treasure Quests & Aztec Treasure - Quest Book Problem

The reason is simple: the questbook file is called Treasure for both instances.
Solution: give it a different name and make the game use the different named one for the storyline.
For example Aztec_Treasure or something.

- You're right about the quest text. I renamed it aztec_throne.

- Emilio doesn't talk: I think the problem is previously I've had to use a Lay_setActortype function for emilio so when later I reload him in Vera Cruz it's impossible to talk to him so I added a Lay_setStaytype function when he appears in Vera Cruz.

- Amerigo Vieira's Weapons not a quest bug but a game one. However, I added a "normal" blade (I mean, not an unique blade) in his items interface when you hire him as officer. I think the game will automatically equip him with this blade when losing the cortes' sword.

- Commander house, loading screen added. However, in the future, it would be better if this location had a specific loading screen instead of using the pirate residence one. (A small work for you, Pieter ;) )

- Name changes: I absolutely have no idea why this bug!! I checked the Tempquest.c file which contains these characters and the code seems ok.

- Havana jetty: Too many fantom characters in the location seems to be the problem. I temporarily used the vcskip function to fix the bug.

Attachments

• Update 4th August 2011.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 213
vcskip: that's what it's for. ;)

What kind of a loading screen did you have in mind for that commander house?

I'm rather busy with work these days, but please remind me again in a while and I'll see what I can do.
Alternatively, if you make a screenshot, I can set up the loading screen itself quite quickly.

Back