• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Atios Votary quest bug.

Redbeard

Sailor
Was doing the Atios Votary quest where you meet the individual who is in a fight at Buccaneers Camp. You can choose between a navigator or his old captain who is trying to kill him. In the end you get to find 50k worth of silver and a brace of pistols. In the middle of this quest I was in the tavern in Sao Jorge and learned my navigator had run off. I went upstairs and found a dying man, when the guards rushed in.

Here's where it gets dicey. It was night, so when they took me to the town hall to prove my innocence, there was nobody there! I was stuck in the room, with no way to leave or prove myself, as the governor was asleep.

Is this intended? I mean it makes sense the govenor is asleep, but shouldn't time advance or something so you can continue the quest? I ended up completing the quest by reloading a previous save and finding the dying man during the day. THIS time the govenor was there.

Again, not sure if this is a bug or intended, but I've provided a save if this a bug.

*EDIT* This was the 4.1 July 28 WIP beta. I havn't tried the september 23rd build because my campaign won't work, but I imagine it works the same. If needed I suppose I could try it in that version. Is the Artios quest in freeplay? Or only nathanial hawk?

Attachments

• -=Campaign=-bug.zip
    864.2 KB · Views: 100
The quest is in almost all storylines, including the Free Play one.

Indeed adding some time passing there sounds like a good idea.
Apparently nobody ran through that bit at night yet.

Do you have a save just prior to that point?

Indeed I do. I have a save from downstairs in the tavern. You should get approached by that incredibly annoying dude who wants you to assassinate somebody. Everytime you enter the tavern he harasses you. After that, simply go upstairs and you should find the dude and get apprehended by the guards. :)

However, I cant remember if that was at night. Might have to undock and come back during the night, as getting a room triggers that scene.

Attachments

• govna.zip
    854.4 KB · Views: 102
Guy harasses you every time?
That shouldn't happen; he should just be there so you can talk to him if you want to.
That's a different issue, but does still need checking and addressing too.

Actually yeah. Every time I dock and go into that tavern. He approaches you, this can break quests as well. For instance I was trying to enter that room, and because he was about to talk to me I couldn't enter. Hes the individual who wants you to kill someone, and you can reject calling it blood money.

Pretty annoying. I've just gotten used to selecting the first and then second options for speed. :p

Can you make a separate Bug Tracker entry for that one? I think that is pretty much Confirmed, because somebody else mentioned it as well.
Very much unintentional; probably a side-effect from me trying to make it possible to restart that quest after turning it down the first time.

Done. Included the save so people can see how he comes up to you.

It is an interesting thing, havn't seen any of the other quest givers do it. I'm also not entirely sure if its the same guy in other playthroughs. Or if he's in Sao Jorge. Hopefully people know what quest I'm talking about, because I've never actually done it. Strangely piracy is fine, but assassination isn't my style. :p

@Grey Roger could this also be a simple fix where a quest isn't removed or something like that?

The original problem was that if it's night time when you ask about Artois Voysey in Sao Jorge tavern, then go upstairs to see the dying man, you are arrested and taken to see the governor - who isn't there because it's night time. I don't think that one was solved before the thread moved on to the problem with Ambroz Bricenos, the man who wants you to become an assassin. That became the subject of a new bug report and was fixed.

As for the original problem. Talking to the arresting soldiers and allowing them to arrest you appears to lead to quest case "pause", defined in "quests_side.c" thus:
Code:
     case "pause":
       AddQuestRecord("artois", 8);
       Locations[FindLocation("Conceicao_townhall")].reload.l1.disable = 1;
       DoQuestReloadToLocation ("Conceicao_townhall", "goto", "goto7", "pause2");
     break;
It adds a questbook entry, locks the townhall door so you can't run away, then teleports you to the townhall, where quest case "pause2" is your conversation with the governor and witness. My guess is that if you add this:
Code:
       if(GetDayTime() == DAY_TIME_NIGHT)
       {
         WaitDate("", 0, 0, 1, 0, 0);
         SetCurrentTime(10, 0);
       }
before that 'DoQuestReloadToLocation' line, it should set the time to 10:00 next morning, by which time the governor should be awake and ready to receive you after the teleport.

@Grey Roger that does look fine to me indeed. Could you upload a file with the changes (for when I'm going to merge it)?

Back