• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Audio Patch for AoP2

I hate to say this but that did not work at all except it made it worse. I have the U.S. version and it doesn't work at all!!!!!!!!

Ummmmm correct me if Im wrong but your game doesnt work at ALL...

So an audio patch wouldnt work either as it updates the AUDIO and that is it

Actually this fixed it for me!!!!!!! Thanks mate!!!

Running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit with Ati 1800XT and Audigy 2 ZS and had sound problems only after installing win 7 on my machine. (previously win xp sp3)

go to in the "engine.ini" and change "UseMM = 1" to "UseMM = 0" and sound is good. also works with the original old FModex.dll file. change the FModex.dll file brought me nothing. have fun

[quote name='Cap'n_Drow' date='30 May 2009 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1243720041' post='323807']
Okay folks, from what I've found there is an update to the sound system used in AoP 2.

1) Go to <a href="http://www.fmod.org/index.php/download" target="_blank">http://www.fmod.org/index.php/download</a>

2) Download the newest version of the FMod EX dev kit

3) Install the dev kit with admin rights

4) Wait for all the install insanity to finish, this will take a few minutes

5) Go to the dev kit install directory and COPY the FModex.dll from the API directory to your install directory for AoP2, you can back up the original file, but it shouldn't really be necessary

6) Start the game and that SHOULD fix most of the audio problems you've been having.

7) Enjoy!!

Cap'n Drow
[/quote]

I should but it doesn't :(
Other ideas ?

Hello guys,

Had the "no sound" problem, fixed it !
I just erased the line "offclass = soundservice" in "engine.ini".

Let's try this if you have a sound bug.

sorry for my bad english, from german

go to in the "engine.ini" and change "UseMM = 1" to "UseMM = 0" and sound is good. also works with the original old FModex.dll file. change the FModex.dll file brought me nothing. have fun

Thanks, this has fixed my problem with the crackling sound(music). :onya

What ebenholzjunge posted indeed does fix the crackling sound issue from occurring all the time, but the sound is still screwed in this game. For me, whenever I enter a large battle with cannon firing the sounds become muted and you can't hear anything at all, and sail's and ambiance, but no cannons

I am having the same problem, cant start the game at all, i installed patched, added the NoCD No Starforce patch and now it wont start at all saying the Modex dll is missing. i will try adding the pack as indicated. btw, there is a new address to download the legacy FM ODEX pack which is here:

http://www.fmod.org/fmod-downloads.html

any hints on how to solve this missing dll problem> i downloaded the dill from online but it may be just a generic clone and not the real thing and i put it into System 32, i see we need to put it into the game folder i think.

I think this is an engine problem that happens when too many things are occurring simultaneously. Even after trying all the fixes and even using the German Edition files, I still get silent cannons during large sea battles - all other sounds work fine though.

MK

Back