• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Needs Testing Auto Skill System OFF: Problem with Perks?

ANSEL

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
I think I have a problem with loosing Perks. I am not quit sure about what is going on.
I need an advice for tracking on this problem, so if someone could tel me how to do
this, I will be grateful.

You mean that perks you do have before just vanish?

What you could do is to start maintaining a "log" of the perks you've got on your player character.
To do that, use DumpAttributes(pchar); through the console, then save the resulting compile.log file somewhere.
Do this, say, every time you start the game for example.

Then if you think something disappeared, you can look through those earlier files and see what was the situation there.

I think something weird is going on, when you play with Auto Skill of. Not only me loosing
perks, but with the officers skill, there maybe is some misinformation in the interface too.
Its for complex for me to say more about it for now.
Maybe the option Auto Skill of, should not be there, if it do harm to the system.
I could be the only one, who use to play with Auto Skill of?

The reasons for those errors to occur is my (foolish) setup. So I have
to be used not to have it like this.
But since the option "Auto Skill Of " don't work anymore, I dont think
that option should be in the " Options interface " no more. It seems
nobody but me use it anyway?
It goes for the toggle " unlocked perks " too. You can't play in a proper
way, with unlocked perks, no more. And again I think I am the only one
doing that, I will say: this toggle should maybe not be in " Internal Settings"
no more.
So I will leave this for now, and try to be used to a setup like everybody else
have.

"Unlocked Perks" certainly works because I use it all the time. What problems is it causing for you?

I'd certainly be interested to know if "Auto Skill Off" is somehow messing up perks. If it is then it needs to be corrected because although I don't use that setting myself, I'd be surprised if nobody else does. If at all possible, the choice should be remain available.

But since the option "Auto Skill Of " don't work anymore
Since when does it not work? In what way does it not work?
It is most certainly supposed to work. If it doesn't, that's a definite bug.

It goes for the toggle " unlocked perks " too. You can't play in a proper
way, with unlocked perks, no more.
What goes wrong with the "No Locked Perks" option? That one should also be operational.

I much prefer if those toggles DO remain operational, because I'm pretty sure there are more people than yourself who use them.

For me it seems like a combination of " Auto Skills of " and unlocked perks,
course troubles ( at least for me ) its a little complicated for me, and I cant
do this troubleshooting just by myself alone.
For me it looks likes, when Auto skills is of, some of the officers skills are
marked as they have them, but they dont, I can use points for skills they
should have ( I think it goes for me to ( the captain).

But as I say, I dont think I can handle it alone, is difficult for me to keep
a clear overview in this case.

I still have no idea what you mean @ANSEL .
A perk will have a checkmark if SOMEONE in the party has this perk and contributes it. You can see if the CHARACTER has the perk by looking if the image is colored, or if the cost number behind the perk is gone. This should indicate this specific CHARACTER has it.

If you think there are perks going away or being assigned at random please provide more information.
You do have the latest version right? in a previous version there was indeed a bug where some passengers would get perks automaticly, but this has been fixed in the latest ZIP file.

I'm thinking the easy way, to make this clear will be, if another person than me,
could try my setup ( Auto skill of, unlocked perks, perks cost 1) and then try to
see if anything weird is going on. My version is Udklip.PNG

I will try to look at it soon(ish).
If I haven't replied in a week or so please remind me of this or make a bug tracker topic. Preferbly with what you think is going wrong in there, then I will try to recreate it and/or see if something is going wrong.

Could someone maybe this this case? I believe there shouldn't be a problem with the newest version. While looking at the leveling code the last time I think I fixed something which might messed up the no-auto level but I'm not 100% sure.
At the moment I don't have time to test this my self. But please try the scenario with no-auto level, unlocked perks and perks cost 1 and see if anything weird happens.

Back