• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Autoboard not restricted anymore

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
Auto-board no longer seems to be restricted to one use. If I try to auto-board and fail, I can try again. Sometimes even if I've successfully auto-boarded one ship it's still available to use again.

Can someone confirm this is happening? And this is not suppost to happen right?

It definitely happens routinely in Beta 3. It didn't happen in the stock version or Build 13; you got one chance at auto-board and that was it for that battle. But then quite a lot has changed between Build 13 and Build 14! It's very useful if I've found myself up against a big force, I don't have much real life playing time left, so I just want to finish the battle ASAP and get to a position where I can save game and quit for the night. :)

Auto-board? You mean using the instant boarding ability? Well, I say its good to have that available at all times as it's kinda hard to obtain it and difficult to survive during boarding. Well, I think this is disabled in Realistic and Iron Man mode. If not, I say its a good thing for this perk to be disabled from these modes.

And yes, you can only use instant-boarding ability once during battles in the stock game and some time before with the previous versions of the game.

Its also disabled in realistic I believe.
Code:
    ChrPerksList.list.InstantBoarding.TimeDelay = -1;
    ChrPerksList.list.InstantBoarding.disable.iRealismMode = 1; //Levis
    ChrPerksList.list.InstantBoarding.disable.REALISTIC_ABILITIES = 1; //Levis

I will take a look at it later to see why you can use it again sometimes. Altough I can imagine that you can use it again after you boarded a ship cause the game things a new battle has started. But I need to look into that.

For me, having the ability to use Instant Boarding unrestricted does make the game more enjoyable. Normally sailing in to board properly is all part of the game and that's fine, but occasionally I sail up to the ship, pass alongside it, never get the boarding icon, continue past it, and use Instant Board to trigger a boarding which should have happened anyway. (Well, I think so anyway. :)) Or I've found an enemy on the worldmap, gone to sailing mode to attack, and found it's one small ship which I'm not letting get away but which isn't worth all the effort of a proper boarding - just Instant Board, get it out of the way, then return to World Map and look for something more interesting. Or I've found something more interesting, then:
"Six enemy ships left - what's the time? $#&£! Board, board, board, board, board, board, back to worldmap, save, done, time for bed!" :D

I agree. I think the problem here is the boarding icon not popping up when you get near to a hostile ship. I experience that myself and do the same thing too as @Grey Roger does if I really want to board a ship, provided I have the ability, of course. And not the Instant Boarding ability being unrestricted. I say leave it that way for the arcade mode.

it's still in the arcade. so you guys say nothing should be changed so there is no bug?

I say the boarding icon not showing up consistently when you get near to a hostile ship is the problem. Sometimes it does show up, sometimes it doesn't.
But yeah, this thread's topic 'bout the instant boarding is not a problem.

Could someone make a topic about the boarding icon not appearing?

I dunno for sure but maybe it used fclamp? I believe that one was fixed

I dunno for sure but maybe it used fclamp? I believe that one was fixed
That fclamp thing was only one specific instance of that function, which I had written incorrectly.
Had nothing to do with boarding. :no

Back