• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Autosave

KillPhil

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hi

Since I just had again a random CTD at a point, where I didn't saved for quite a long time, I suggest to make an optionable autosave-function. We could leave it to simple options like every 5 minutes, 10 minutes or on every location-change or off.. Wouldn't be that hard I guess? And since quicksave does not affect performance in any way, I strongly think an autosave wouldn't harm much/at all either ;)

There was an Autosave at one point I believe, but it was removed because it caused some issues. The Storm engine really is pretty bad at file creation.

There was no auto save, though we did think about it before.
I think I added in one specific point where a safe is made on the Woodes Rogers storyline.
So it indeed is not impossible.

Soo.. can I help with that? I could really use an autosave for location-changes, since I often forget about quicksaving and then it's only a matter of time when I get a CTD and lose all my progress again :modding

Ah, ok, thanks Pieter.

Back