• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Aztec Curse Revamp

Do you think that the curse of the Aztec gold needs an overhaul?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks Ansel for confirming, I got nervous I was going crazy. :)

Pink Beard, the best thing to do would be to update to the latest beta and get all the new fixes and such. Then the file will work for sure.

But you can also manually edit your outdated version if you want to finish up your current saved game first (you can't continue saved games from the older version if you upgrade).

Just removing the environment conditions for DoCurse should do the trick, right?

I thought so, but I was worried it would make the undead model appear even under the sun?

So I just added an extra grant of immortality given the cursed coin/curse active condition at the end, and removed the removal of immortality.

In the test it seemed to work, with the model changing based on sun/moon, but the immortality always on.

Immortality always on is most easily accomplished with the Cheat mode.

Just removing that environment condition should work fine though, I think.
That controls where the curse is enabled or disabled, so if you leave only the Is Night condition, then it'll be active for inside locations too.

Yah, cheatmode works, but I told him I'd help him if he said "thank you" to you, and he carried out his part of the bargain. ;) He mentioned he doesn't like cheatmode because of his sailors and the "immersion breaking" in his last reply to Ansel, I guess that is understandable.

My wife sometimes likes playing games in godmode--she says she has enough stress in her real life. So I can understand. ;)

Ok, interesting--the way he has works and there is 0% chance we incorperate this in the mod, but out of curiosity and my goal of learning coding, it has an if(docurse) condition, followed by the results of setting the character model to undead and setting him immortal. If I made the curse not depend on the weather, my thinking is that he would turn into the undead character model even inside--is that wrong?

Anyway, that is why I did it with an extra line, that just gives it to him night or day, inside or outside, and is seperate from the function that replaces the character model, so the character model still is a normal human inside or in the day.

I think I am using the beta I downloaded the latest version of the build I could find 2 days ago, I think I forgot to install part 2 :modding:modding:modding

I'm waiting for it to install now and we shall see if it works :oops::oops::oops:

:ship

If you forgot to install a part, the mod should normally not even work at all.

You can find the latest through the link in my signature.

Indeed I don't envision any of these changes will go in the main mod.
But at least they'll be available here on the forum for those people who want it.

Pink Beard,

Glad it works! Anytime you need help, or just want to chat about your experiences in the game and make suggestions, everyone here looks forward to seeing more of you. :)

And don't be discouraged that your first round of suggestions only produced a small modification for yourself. Usually, there won't be enough manpower to implement everything everyone wants, but some suggestions will result in change, and often someone can at least help you modify your game to your liking.

I look forward to talking more as you enjoy your campaign!

Back