• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Aztec Treasure Quest Problems

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
I can not get the Aztec Treasure Quest to start :cry

I completed the other Quests in the following order:

Hunter ( did not Kill Elting ) - Silver Train - Aguadilla - Nightmare

Went and talked to Henry Morgan in Port Royale Town Hall after Silver Train - then after Aguadilla - then after Nightmare.

Each time dialog was "....."

I think this case in quests_reaction.c is not working properly

Code:
case "Elting_at_Douwesen":
GiveShip2Character(CharacterFromID("Elting"),"XebecAS","El Diablo",-1,SPAIN,true,true);		
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Elting"), "Douwesen_Tavern", "goto", "goto2");
LAi_SetCitizenType(characterFromID("Elting"));
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Elting")].dialog.filename = "Elting at Douwesen_dialog.c";

if (PChar.Quest.Train == "1") 
{			
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Henry Morgan")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_18";			
}			
break;

I have checked - Elting is in Kralendijk, tavern OK & will do missions with me - Roxanne & Roche Brasiliano are also where they should be and offer missions OK

In the end I forced the Aztec Treasure Quest to start by putting this line of code from the above case

Code:

into the console and actioning it before I meet Henry Morgan.

so I think something must be wrong with :

Code:
{			
}
but what it is I don't know - no entries were generated in the error logs

:shrug

EDIT:

Also if I kill Elting in the Hunter Quest - when I go and talk to Morgan he does not offer to do missions with me - all I get is the "...." dialog.

Next Problem ( Might be because of the first problem ) :shrug

When I land on Vera Cruz Emilio talks to me & I get an empty dialog box ( see image ) no dialog & I am not transported to Vera Cruz Port - I cannot get off the beach.

In the system log I get:-

DIALOG: Invalid text or links, emergency exit! (last link = )

NOTE: If I play the Aztec Quest using the jump start ( cheat ) at the beginning of the Bartolomeu story then everything works OK ( Morgan, Emilio ). :mm

Attachments

• Bart_Emilio_Aztec_VeraCruz.JPG
    Bart_Emilio_Aztec_VeraCruz.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 265
Code:
case "Elting_at_Douwesen":
GiveShip2Character(CharacterFromID("Elting"),"XebecAS","El Diablo",-1,SPAIN,true,true);		
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Elting"), "Douwesen_Tavern", "goto", "goto2");
LAi_SetCitizenType(characterFromID("Elting"));
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Elting")].dialog.filename = "Elting at Douwesen_dialog.c";

{			
}			
break;

Just a thought - should there be an "else" statement in the above case :?

e.g if.......else.

:shrug

I think the code is right. But maybe, I should include the Silver train quest into my main quest and not let it as a side-quest. Indeed, we must play this quest if we want to continue the main quest so it can't be considered like a side-quest :? . It would be included between the Hunter Quest and the Battle of Aguadilla quest. :yes

I have installed the updates to the story files from this thread --->> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17727-bartolomeu-story-completed-some-small-bugs/page__view__findpost__p__398171

After I do the Battle of Aguadilla I can start the Aztec Treasure Quest ok --- Morgan talks to me in Port Royale & sends me to Vera Cruz. :onya

On the beach at Vera Cruz when Emilio talks to me I still get the empty dialog box ( see post 2 above ) & the quest breaks - not transported to Vera Cruz port. :(

In the system log I get:-

DIALOG: Invalid text or links, emergency exit! (last link = )

Here's the fix. You don't need to start a new game to check this fix, Talisman. Just load one of your saves before being reloaded on the Vera Cruz beach.

Attachments

• Update August 9th 2011.zip
    43 KB · Views: 215
Hey there! I have been following this project for quite a while and now I just couldn't hold back and registered ;) . First of all I'd like to say I really appreciate your excellent work! Great storyline and atmosphere!

However, I have to report some bugs focusing around the Aztec Treasure:
- after applying the update from July 18 I had to replay the story from the indian statuette quest onwards in order to get Morgan talking. (that's probably not a bug, just wanted to say it)

- when I replayed the Aquadilla quest the Isla de Muerte didn't show up. I think that's because something has been changed in the locations_loader.c => the map is missing there as activator for the Isla to show up. (I temporarily replaced the file with the older one to continue playing)

- afterwards Morgan talked to me and I could start the quest. As talisman reported already, Emilio remained silent on the beach of Vera Cruz which has been fixed with your latest update.

- now, when Bartolomeu is sitting at the table in Vera Cruz tavern and Elting shows up there is the same problem as before with Emilio: Elting has an empty dialogue box and the story gets stuck. The jump start worked fine again.

Hope I could help! ;)

First, thank you for the comments about my quests.

I'll check the quests to confirm I've got these bugs.

But, about the isla muerte bug, I checked if the fix works and I didn't have the problem you reported. In fact, I put in the questreactions.c the create() function so that the island appears.

Maybe the Isla had shown up if I had replayed the story from the beginning, I didn't check this. I also don't know too much about scripting, I just compared the new locations_loader with the old one and happened to see that in the old one there is an entry for the compass (probably a relic of the Sparrow storyline) and the map, whereas in the new one only the compass appears. Didn't know there is an entry for that in the questreactions also.

Here's what I can say :

1) That's normal seeing now the Silver train quest featuring Henry Morgan is just after the indian idol quest.

2) I confirm I added a CreateIslaDeMuerte(); in the quests_reaction.c, so the island must appear. Maybe, Talisman could confirm that the island appears :?

3) Bug fixed about the empty dialogue box. (see zipped file)

If you find more bugs, tell me.

Attachments

• Update August 17th 2011.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 184
The quest works fine now, thanks a lot for the quick fixing of it! :onya

For the Isla de Muerte:
I've also played the Battle of Aquadilla via jump-start now and the Isla doesn't show up. Also the hunter quest won't close in the log but that may be due to the jump-start - in my main profile (no jump) the quest is closed, so probably nothing to worry about.

Here's what I can say :

2) I confirm I added a CreateIslaDeMuerte(); in the quests_reaction.c, so the island must appear. Maybe, Talisman could confirm that the island appears :?

Bug confirmed - CreateIslaDeMuerte(); is in my quests_reaction.c - but does not work :shrug

I have tried starting the story from a save when O'geron sends you to look for Montbars. Sail to Cayman - find Montbars & map - Isla de Muerte does not appear on World map :keith - story breaks.

:drunk

Isla de Muerte is REMOVED again on the next location reload because you don't have the required item.

So you DO still get the map? Then we should just restore the original file. With the new copy, only Jack's compass will work.

Back