• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Back after 10 years .....

Skeleton Bob

HoO Team Member
Music and SFX
Provisional
Storm Modder
Hello fellow pirates! :monkeydance

Maybe some of you remember me I made the HMS Interceptor, the gunboat and the visible crew for the POTC mod back in 2004. Wow, how time flies .....

Anyhow, today I'm not applying as a modder, but as a composer. I'm specialized mostly in orchestral music and soundtracks.

Feel free to take a listen to some of my stuff on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/herbert-metz/
A very old and very epic one: https://soundcloud.com/herbert-metz/shadow-of-the-storm

So if you need some orchestral naval themed pieces, just let me know!

Cheers
Skelly Bob

Last edited:
Ahoy Skeleton Bob! Welcome back mate! :woot

Good to see you again mate, it has been a while! @Flannery is our music coordinator, and he should be along shortly. In the meantime, I have taken the liberty of adding you as a provisional HoO: Music and Sound Effects team member after listening to a couple of your tracks. Very nice mate, especially liked the Shadow of the Storm one!

Now that I have got business out of the way, I have a couple of other questions for you. Do you happen to have any old Build Mod related material still lying about? I put together a History and Tutorials manual a while back, but because of the early forum crash and database loss, a lot of early material was lost. Mainly I am looking for some of the old builds or changelogs if you have them, but some of the old Interceptor pictures from your old thread would be good to. I know the odds are long mate, just thought I would ask while I had the chance!

Again, welcome back mate! :dance

Yeah, I figured as much, just thought I would ask. Thanks for the link to the pic! I am going to be doing some tweaking to the manual at some point, I'll see if I can find a proper place to put her! :onya

I forgot to mention this earlier, because we plan on having several different nations, we will need music from each one of course, is there any nation in particular, or time frame, that you would like to work on? Or would you prefer to just work on standard game music?

I am not sure what Flannery has assigned, so we will need to wait for him to be sure, but at least we can give him an idea of what you may be interested in working on.

Ahoy mate!

That's a long time ago indeed. The last time you were active here, I was only the most junior of forum members!

The gunboat is, of course, still happily even in the latest version of the PotC Build Mod. You can have such brilliant challenges with that thing. :woot

In any case, @Thagarr already said pretty much all the important things. So I'd just like to welcome you back to the community!
I hope you'll have as great a time here as you did before! Or, if possible, even better. ;)

Shadow of the Storm indeed sounds pretty epic! I am always a great fan of orchestral seafaring music.
I have tried to find pretty much all such film music that I could find, from The Sea Hawk to Pirates of the Caribbean and from Cutthroat Island to Moby Dick.

So far the composers on Hearts of Oak have been doing a great job.
But we are making a big game and there is a lot of music required. And having more composers makes for better variety too.
So your help would be much appreciated! :cheers

Last edited:
Hey Pieter, another name which rings a bell!

Nice to hear ye good olde gunboat is still on duty :cheeky

I'd suggest I make a generic ambient track as a start, but I'll leave that decision to Flannery of course.

I added you to the private message discussion called "Hearts of Oak: Music Writing". That's the one I mean.

Back