• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

High Priority Balancing: Levelling, Income and Fight Difficulty

So how is the fighting difficulty at the start of the game versus when you are more in it.
@Grey Roger do you have some Feedback or @Mirsaneli maybe?
How are the block chances now?

I have. Even at the beginning it's not as hard as leveling in COAS or Pirate's Odyssey. Blocking with some weaker weapons can be difficult, but I think overall, especially when you are a high level, it isn't so difficult. I do have encountered some larger ships which have strong captains, but I always managed to kill them without losing more than half fps. I also think that pistols should be stronger in this game. Also, I don't know why, but after being higher level (15+), I'm rarely being attacked by civilian bandits in towns... And those who attack me are not nearly strong as I am. I kill them with two swings.

I have. Even at the beginning it's not as hard as leveling in COAS or Pirate's Odyssey.
What Difficulty Level are you playing on? That is really very relevant to know here. ;)

I also think that pistols should be stronger in this game.
I think I rebalanced them a year ago or so. Most of them are balanced on the logic that they should NOT be one-shot-kill weapons.
Their damage was based on their 'minlevel' and the HP that a character of that level would likely have in the game.
See attached Excel file for the details of what I did at the time.

Attachments

• Gun Stats.zip
    334.5 KB · Views: 159
if I might suggest for future updates if there is a possibility to make it harder for making money? as well as availability of goods in stores.. i have it disabled in options and still i managed to get in the first hour most of the perk bonuses as well as a superior spyglass, best bullet & gunpowder bags..

if I might suggest for future updates if there is a possibility to make it harder for making money? as well as availability of goods in stores.. i have it disabled in options and still i managed to get in the first hour most of the perk bonuses as well as a superior spyglass, best bullet & gunpowder bags..
it's planned for after the public release

Back